PDA

View Full Version : duunoit - what's up??

Buoy
09-30-2009, 02:00 AM
Chris, I saw you post in another thread, but figured you needed to be called to the altar.
How are you coming along with the 28?
Pics and progress updates are required amongst the brethren here.
Are you getting close to the splash?

Dude! Sweet!
09-30-2009, 03:24 PM
I've talked to him. I think life is interfering with boat assembly right now. Hopefully he'll get some daylight soon and slap that b!tch back together! :sifone:

Buoy
09-30-2009, 03:54 PM
I fully understand when life gets in the way of what you really want to be doing.
Sean, you and I need to have a few beers together soon.

getchasum111
09-30-2009, 04:23 PM
What up Buoy...did you ever land a job out west...i've been out of touch for a bit...hope all is well

duunoit
09-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Hey guys. I would have put something up if there was something to post :(

Things have been busy here at the house and at work. We've got a big inspection coming up this weekend. I've got a final next week (only one more class after this one).

Brit is taking Jr to a friend's beach house this w/e and a few days next week. I've got a bunch of stuff that I was wanting to get done around the house. Maybe if I get some of that done, I can work on the motor.

Matt just brought the Chattanooga PR to my attention so I could actually have something to shoot for if I can get time to get it together.

I've got to get it running so I can run the gas out of it. A PR sounds like a great way to do it. If not, I may as well pump it into the cars 5 gallons at a time:sifone:

Buoy
09-30-2009, 08:25 PM
What up Buoy...did you ever land a job out west...i've been out of touch for a bit...hope all is well

Hey Chip - yeah, landed a job that I'm already beginning to hate. Managing an optical lab, still making glasses.
The rest is good though.
How are you making out in the new location?

Buoy
09-30-2009, 08:33 PM

Things have been busy here at the house and at work. We've got a big inspection coming up this weekend. I've got a final next week (only one more class after this one).

Brit is taking Jr to a friend's beach house this w/e and a few days next week. I've got a bunch of stuff that I was wanting to get done around the house. Maybe if I get some of that done, I can work on the motor.

Matt just brought the Chattanooga PR to my attention so I could actually have something to shoot for if I can get time to get it together.

I've got to get it running so I can run the gas out of it. A PR sounds like a great way to do it. If not, I may as well pump it into the cars 5 gallons at a time:sifone:

Chris, didn't mean to call you out (if it was taken that way), just wanted to see if you've made any progress.
My boat is sitting about the same as when you were here in April.
This working on a boat thing requires three things - time, money and energy.
You must have at least two.
Lately I've had little luck having even one.
I was hoping you were coming along better than me, and I could live vicariously.
Good luck man!!
I think Scotty up at 3:00 am and posting about the Saber that is already a showpiece has us all beat... But, he's still high & dry just like you, Sean, and I. (Yeah, Sean has the 24 running, but that is moments away from teardown. It will only take a few beers and Sean with a toolbox to go "let's take this off, and I'll replace it tomorrow. While I'm at it, let's take this off." Grabs another beer "now let's replace this too")
I know, we're cut from the same cloth.

duunoit
09-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Didn't take it like that at all, my friend. I just have climate envy (you and Sean), it's hard to get motivated even if I had time since the good weather is pretty much done here. It's supposed to get down into the 40s tonight. Getting the boat running just means I'll have to winterize it :D

duunoit
09-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Oh and Sean having the 24 running isn't fair. He got it that way (it may run wild, but it does run when the coils all work) :D

He's just smarter than us and bought one that acutally runs

Buoy
10-01-2009, 01:09 AM
Didn't take it like that at all, my friend. I just have climate envy (you and Sean), it's hard to get motivated even if I had time since the good weather is pretty much done here. It's supposed to get down into the 40s tonight. Getting the boat running just means I'll have to winterize it :D

Don't get climate envy - I've already acclimated to the desert, it's going to cool to upper 60's tommorrow, I may need to have a fire going.

Oh and Sean having the 24 running isn't fair. He got it that way (it may run wild, but it does run when the coils all work) :D

He's just smarter than us and bought one that acutally runs

Yeah, I bought one that ran, and dismantled it within a week.
What was I thinking...
I can't say Sean is smarter than us...
Maybe he has made betterer (that mis-spell is intentional) decisions, and also retains history of race boats that I don't even remember, but that doesn't make him "more gooder" than us.
But, yeah, we're just pee-on's.

Dude! Sweet!
10-01-2009, 10:48 AM
As my father used to say... Thank god I'm not as dumb as I look! But I'd hardly say I'm smarter than any of you guys. Especially with all the messes I get myself into. I'm the victim of my own creative idiocy and the occasional dumb luck!

Tim, I was hoping to come out to Parker for the 300 Enduro at the end of the month, but just had a buddy's surprise 40th b-day party sprung on me. And that's an event I wouldn't miss (If you ever go down to the University of Arizona, I think they still speak his name in hushed tones, sort of like an evil, descructive, Frank the Tank).

But you know any of you guys are welcome to come out anytime and we'll see how quick we can get that 24 to pitch our asses out into the ocean!

LittleDcsRodShop
10-01-2009, 11:14 PM

Atleast if you have to pump it out you dont have to trash it like a certain individual I know who has about 50 gallons of 11 year old fuel to get rid of..

Hey don't feel bad about not getting much boat time, b/c as you well know your not alone in this crowd..

Are you going to the poker run even if you are boatless ??

LittleDcsRodShop
10-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Sean quit trying to read a txt while driving in LA trafic !!!:moon:

duunoit
10-02-2009, 06:35 AM
I might try to go if I don't get the boat together, not really sure yet.

Out There
10-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Scott, nice avatar. I'm glad you finally decided to come out and post an actual photo. Way to go dude! Be proud!:sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
10-02-2009, 04:54 PM
If that was really Scott, he'd be leaning on the top of the tire like that... :D

At least I wasn't driving and posting! :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
10-02-2009, 05:13 PM
I don't know I bet that truck has some purdy big swampers on it.. Your comment may be a bit optimistic !!

LittleDcsRodShop
10-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Just found out the truck in my avatar actually does have 44's on it & rumor has it that its Greg's senior high yearbook mugshot ??:sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
10-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Ha! Damn dude! Too funny. 6'8" 310 never looked so clean cut!