PDA

View Full Version : Neon Chuck

09-29-2009, 11:06 PM
I was one of those who paid Chuck to make a neon sign and received a box of broken neon. He sent mine via USPS and with no insurance.

I really wanted the sign so Chuck promised to remake it. I originally paid extra to have some upgrades and offered to help with new expenses and I located a shipping company that would ship door to door with 100% insurance coverage.

I thought we were good. The months dragged on and he politely asked for more time. At least once, he asked if I wanted a refund. I should have taken it but I wanted the sign.

Chuck has fallen off the face of the earth. He stopped responding to my e-mails and unfortunately, that is all I had to contact him.

Does any one have his full name, address or phone # ?

You can P/M me if you want to keep things private.

Appreciate your help.

Chris
09-30-2009, 09:08 AM
If you have a last name and a city, I can probably get him found. If I remember he's in Ohio as I am. And I have alot of friends in "the business".

How did you pay him?

OldSchool
09-30-2009, 09:18 AM
That's unfortunate.:(

I have a few friends in Oklahoma that would like to find him as well. :boxing_smiley::cuss::cuss:

09-30-2009, 11:54 AM
If you have a last name and a city, I can probably get him found. If I remember he's in Ohio as I am. And I have alot of friends in "the business".

How did you pay him?

PAYPAL

He is in the Cincinnati area. I thought someone else tracked him down but can't remember who. He complained that someone sent an attorney after him. I am not sure it is worth that though.

He should have insured the damn things. It only took me 30 minutes to find a trucking company that would.

cigdaze
09-30-2009, 12:08 PM
What is/was his screen name? Real name?

09-30-2009, 12:13 PM
I think it was chuck125@aol.com

He was on OSO as chuck125 .....I think:confused:

Sydwayz
09-30-2009, 12:25 PM
chuckd1025 is his screen name on OSO. Perhaps Craig can check and see if he is registered here on SOS with the above Email address which is also on his OSO profile.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/members/chuckd1025.html

His last log on/activity on OSO was 28Sept09, so he's still around. Albeit, he has not posted since April of 2008.

cigdaze
09-30-2009, 12:46 PM
chuckd1025 is his screen name on OSO. Perhaps Craig can check and see if he is registered here on SOS with the above Email address which is also on his OSO profile.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/members/chuckd1025.html

His last log on/activity on OSO was 28Sept09, so he's still around. Albeit, he has not posted since April of 2008.

Thanks.

There's no record of him ever being on SOS. There's nothing under that email addy, nor any variant thereof.

But I've got ya this:

Charles Dillard
His Birthday is April 4, 1944.

CHARLES MICHAEL DILLARD
1725 ILIFF AVE
CINCINNATI, OH 45205

OldSchool
09-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Thanks.

There's no record of him ever being on SOS. There's nothing under that email addy, nor any variant thereof.

But I've got ya this:

Charles Dillard

CHARLES MICHAEL DILLARD
1725 ILIFF AVE
CINCINNATI, OH 45205

That might be the guys Dad. If I recall, the kid was in college and was doing these at a relatively "cheap" price to make extra $$$ for school. That didn't work out so well!! :( I'm sorry to hear about everyone getting screwed on this, but Rob (Offshoredrilling) did drive to Ohio and pick his up. You may want to check with him.

09-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks guys, Thats a great start.

His e-mail may be chuck1025@aol not chuck125. It is on my home computer.

cigdaze
09-30-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm sure his dad will know where to find him and would probably want to know that his kid owes someone money. My dad would. :D

Sydwayz
09-30-2009, 02:14 PM
chuckd1025@aol is what is on OSO.

US1Fountain
09-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Forget emailing him. Call his daddy. :)

09-30-2009, 11:37 PM
Forget emailing him. Call his daddy. :)

I did a people search to get a phone # (unlisted) says he is 38, has a live in girlfriend (38) and his dad is 74, not sure how much weight his dad has in the manner.

stecz20
10-06-2009, 03:19 AM
hes not a kid...... if one of you guys get his info i know hell get on the phone for me.... i lost track of his number....

Offshoredrillin
10-06-2009, 07:44 AM
I didnt have his contact info anymore, i will say this though. sorry that he owes people money, when he dropped my sign off at daves, he was upset that the signs were getting destroyed in shipping,as he had quite a bit of time into making each one, he said it was 2 days labor just to get the neon tubes bent. i even offered to pick up signs for the MD Va pa and jersey guys.

I do understand what it is like to try to help people on boards and get burnt, same thing happened when I did the V twin oil, I had a couple guys that disputed their charges, i wound up getting it but it soured me from trying to help anymore.

it is sad to see and I hope he refunds or helps with another sign using a specified carrier.

10-06-2009, 01:52 PM
I didnt have his contact info anymore, i will say this though. sorry that he owes people money, when he dropped my sign off at daves, he was upset that the signs were getting destroyed in shipping,as he had quite a bit of time into making each one, he said it was 2 days labor just to get the neon tubes bent. i even offered to pick up signs for the MD Va pa and jersey guys.

I do understand what it is like to try to help people on boards and get burnt, same thing happened when I did the V twin oil, I had a couple guys that disputed their charges, i wound up getting it but it soured me from trying to help anymore.

it is sad to see and I hope he refunds or helps with another sign using a specified carrier.

I felt bad for him too. That is why I offered to send more $ to cover his costs. Also, He rolled the dice on shipping uninsured. I found 2 shippers that will insure glass, including neon.

I sent him a letter, Couldn't find a phone # anywhere.

12-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Thanks.

But I've got ya this:

Charles Dillard

CHARLES MICHAEL DILLARD
1725 ILIFF AVE
CINCINNATI, OH 45205

Hey Cig, where did you get this information? I got a notice that this subject came up on the old site and someone posted this as his name and address.

I sent him the check when this thread and communicated with him up to 4 months ago. I had his address as:
Chuck Davidson
4815 rosedale rd
middletown oh 45042 cell phone: 513-320-4951 Said he had it done and i was trying to pick it up for months

Anyone know which is correct?

Tank
12-12-2009, 05:42 AM
All I know is I'm pretty sure Skip was not too happy with him making those signs....Something about copy right infringement:eek:

12-12-2009, 02:18 PM
All I know is I'm pretty sure Skip was not too happy with him making those signs....Something about copy right infringement:eek:

Tank, I don't care what Skip felt. It was none of his business. It was a private contract between me an Chuck.

I also don't care what Chuck's reason is, If he won't deliver, send refund now.

cabana1
12-17-2009, 09:37 PM
well according to the hamilton county auditor he still owns the property on Iliff. I live fairly close to the area.(within 30 mins.) Ill check on the second address in Middletown. What do you want the sign or money? I could round up some buddies and head down there if you want. Ill just have to grab some guns, rough part of town........

cabana1
12-17-2009, 09:55 PM
I need to know his name for sure, Is it Dillard Or Davidson. I have people by that name at both addresses, and i have about 4 other possible addresses. Ill help as much as I can. Did he work at a shop or out of his house?

12-18-2009, 12:46 AM
At this point I believe he is Chuck Davidson. It appears the address in Middletown is his latest haunt.

There at least two of us wanting our $ back. About $1250 total. I will contact the other member if he is interested but I would be willing to split my $650 with you.

I am most angry because I offered several methods of rectifying this with Chuck, including paying him more to fix the problem and shipping it insured. Guess I am glad I did not send him more $.

MarylandMark
12-18-2009, 07:50 AM
I am most angry because I offered several methods of rectifying this with Chuck, including paying him more to fix the problem and shipping it insured. Guess I am glad I did not send him more $.

You should run for President. Crook takes your money so you throw more money to him?

Just kidding- and I know this is a serious matter and I'd be just as p1ssed if not more so, and would be hunting this scum down as well but I would still find my above joke funny....

Hope you get your coin- hate a pharkin theif!

cigdaze
12-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Hey Cig, where did you get this information? I got a notice that this subject came up on the old site and someone posted this as his name and address.

I sent him the check when this thread and communicated with him up to 4 months ago. I had his address as:
Chuck Davidson
4815 rosedale rd
middletown oh 45042 cell phone: 513-320-4951 Said he had it done and i was trying to pick it up for months

Anyone know which is correct?

Sorry for the delay, I missed this thread on the last go-around. I got the name from someone on OSO who dealt with him in the past, and then I searched the county appraiser website for his address.

cabana1
12-18-2009, 10:37 PM
At this point I believe he is Chuck Davidson. It appears the address in Middletown is his latest haunt.

There at least two of us wanting our $ back. About $1250 total. I will contact the other member if he is interested but I would be willing to split my $650 with you.

No No No....... I dont want anything from this but to get you guys what is yours!!!! Get me the for sure name and I can take it from there

12-18-2009, 10:58 PM
From everything I can tell, It is Davidson in Middletown.

Don't get yourself in trouble over this. I appreciate your help. :USA:

cabana1
12-18-2009, 11:19 PM
From everything I can tell, It is Davidson in Middletown.

Don't get yourself in trouble over this. I appreciate your help. :USA:

No trouble will be come of this, Im just going to try and call from my number which is the same area code, ask about your sign. (which I will need to know you name and where you live so I dont look dumb:cheers2:) Then I will ask if the sign is done, If so them I will pick it up for you and make sure that it gets shipped. If not; I will ask nicely for him to call you,(which I will need your number) and work out a payment plan. If he decides to do niether, I guess my cop friends may have to pay a visit to him:reddevil:

12-19-2009, 02:29 AM
P/M sent :seeya:

Tommy Gun
12-19-2009, 07:51 AM
That stinks. He made one for me and it was broken when it arrived, but in only one spot. Since we spec alot of signage a buddy fixed it for me. I no longer have his contact info. but will see if I can find a copy of the check.