PDA

View Full Version : Water pick ups

Formula 382 sr-1
11-08-2008, 09:53 PM
What type of pick up would you put on an 96 382 Formula ?

clpbs.com
11-17-2008, 08:56 AM
With a bravo drive why would you whant to run a differant water pick up? With the bravo I would use the dual water pickup on the L/U

t500hps
11-17-2008, 09:15 AM
A buddy with a TG has some type of transom water pickup for the engines. Then the drive pickups are plumbed to just dump water that is forced up the drive back out onto the top of the drive (Like a drive shower). His mechanic hung over the swim platform while running to see them dumping right on the top cap. (don't know who makes it though)

Griff
11-17-2008, 02:39 PM
A buddy with a TG has some type of transom water pickup for the engines. Then the drive pickups are plumbed to just dump water that is forced up the drive back out onto the top of the drive (Like a drive shower). His mechanic hung over the swim platform while running to see them dumping right on the top cap. (don't know who makes it though)

I had a similar set up on my Pantera, except we tapped the water jacket in the drive upper to feed the drive shower. I had a hull pick up for the engine.

tango
12-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Looks like you have a small step/pad bottom from the pic. be sure the pickups are thru. hull into clean un-airated water good luck ! ck. Teague, CP, & KEP

MOBILEMERCMAN
12-26-2008, 06:38 PM
Why not add a shower and leave the engine flow the same?