PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a specific set of KMC wheels

Sydwayz
09-28-2009, 12:04 PM
I am looking for a set of 18x8 (only) KMC Black SS wheels with 5x5 lugs for my truck. If you come across these in your travels, please let me know where you find them.

These wheels are discontinued and impossible to find.

http://customwheel.com/custom_wheels/images/KM820SS_BLK.jpg

Chris
09-29-2009, 08:45 AM
This is one of several problems with the KMC wheels. They're marketed by a company called Wheelpros. They import very stylish but low-dollar wheels from China. They have many styles but they're constantly introducing new one's and dumping the one's that don't sell as well. That makes it tough if you ever need to replace a dinged or bent one.

They're very cheaply made and the finish is poor. Lasts a year or so. And most of their truck wheels do not meet the OEM load standards.

Sydwayz
09-29-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks Chris. I just bought a new "toy" truck that I was going to put them on so they were not going to be stressed with towing anything more than the Mini-Hawk. I was also going to buy 6 just for the reasons you mentioned. I'm off shopping for something else since they appear to be non-existent.

RLJ676
10-01-2009, 07:02 PM
This is one of several problems with the KMC wheels. They're marketed by a company called Wheelpros. They import very stylish but low-dollar wheels from China. They have many styles but they're constantly introducing new one's and dumping the one's that don't sell as well. That makes it tough if you ever need to replace a dinged or bent one.

They're very cheaply made and the finish is poor. Lasts a year or so. And most of their truck wheels do not meet the OEM load standards.

Their 5 and 6 lug wheels have low load ratings, but I believe the 8 lugs are "strong".

I've never heard a single good thing about wheelpros though.