PDA

View Full Version : Where is the artist George Bartell

7xchamp
09-27-2009, 12:18 PM
I am trying to find any info. regarding the lithograph artist George Bartell. George was very prominent in the old days doing lithographs for many of the offshore heroes and celebrities, doing portarits, of Rocky Aoki, Al Copeland, Tom Gentry, Betty Cook etc. Much of his work can be seen in the John Crouse Searace book. George also did a lot of work with shelby, and other car racers. He also did many of the stock car guys, ie: Rusty Wallace, Dale Earnhart, Jeff Gordon etc. I hope that George is still with us and working, if God Forbid he isn`t, I am looking for an artist who can do equivalent work, and could be good idea for other racers, poker runners etc. The portraits are great to have, and encompasses ones passion forever. If anyone has any info. please email me. richie@powersyachts.com Thanks

Sean Stinson
09-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Richie

You might check with Peter Brock of Brock Racing Enterprises.....I know they were doing a bunch of lithographs together and he could probably get you in touch with him!!!! I am not sure of the website but I think it is www.bre2.net good luck as his lithos were the best thing going back in the day!!!!!

Sean

Sean Stinson
09-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Here is the link that will take you right to the area of what he is doing....don't know how current it is but it's the best I can do for you bro!!!

http://www.bre2.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=B&Category_Code=art_sub_bartell

7xchamp
09-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Here is the link that will take you right to the area of what he is doing....don't know how current it is but it's the best I can do for you bro!!!

http://www.bre2.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=B&Category_Code=art_sub_bartell

Thanks Sean: I saw that website but couldn`t derive anything from it, Thanks for thinking of me, and your help.

Sean Stinson
09-28-2009, 10:03 AM
I think there's a guy that is friends with him on the other site.....Charlie should know who it is I think it's Mr Toad or something like that!!!!!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!!!!

Bobcat
09-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Mr toad is a member here also

Sean Stinson
09-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Very good....I was typing in a hurry!!!!

7xchamp
09-29-2009, 08:24 AM
Very good....I was typing in a hurry!!!!

Sean: I located George, I got the number from Crouse. George just finished 30 custom portraits for the Monterey historic race event , so is a little burnt, but was excited to recieve my call and started recalling the good old days and the personalities, and stories. He has consented to do a portrait for a very close friend as a surprise. If you swam in Lake X it could explain any mental or health problems you would ever encounter. Never have to worry about Elvis, he was full of potatoe chips and left over sandwiches, he was a big guy though. Quick lake X story. We used to eat in the cafeteria when we worked there, when we left the cafeteria we would always take some fresh fruit for later, so an apple or banana would go in the top of your tool box for late night snack, as we worked around the clock, well: with all the practical jokers working there you never knew what was going to happen. We used to take the apples, carefully core them out and fill with multipurpose grease then carefully reassemble the apple, banana etc. and watch for the surprise reaction. Whatever you did, never leave a sandwich in the top of your box, ham was replaced with alum. foil etc. Used to make for some good foot chases and beat downs. Like I say I could write a book on the times at Lake X. Great days, and great people. The good old days.

Sean Stinson
09-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Sean: I located George, I got the number from Crouse. George just finished 30 custom portraits for the Monterey historic race event , so is a little burnt, but was excited to recieve my call and started recalling the good old days and the personalities, and stories. He has consented to do a portrait for a very close friend as a surprise. If you swam in Lake X it could explain any mental or health problems you would ever encounter. Never have to worry about Elvis, he was full of potatoe chips and left over sandwiches, he was a big guy though. Quick lake X story. We used to eat in the cafeteria when we worked there, when we left the cafeteria we would always take some fresh fruit for later, so an apple or banana would go in the top of your tool box for late night snack, as we worked around the clock, well: with all the practical jokers working there you never knew what was going to happen. We used to take the apples, carefully core them out and fill with multipurpose grease then carefully reassemble the apple, banana etc. and watch for the surprise reaction. Whatever you did, never leave a sandwich in the top of your box, ham was replaced with alum. foil etc. Used to make for some good foot chases and beat downs. Like I say I could write a book on the times at Lake X. Great days, and great people. The good old days.

Richie

I heard all about some of the antics that went on at the Lake....I started to tell you to call Crouse but the last time I talked with him his health was slipping so I just left it alone!!! Anyway tag your it I returned your call give me a holler when you can!!!!

Sean