PDA

View Full Version : Registration is Suspended.

Chris
10-13-2008, 08:58 PM
No offense to those of you outside of the Founders who have happened by but registration is now suspended to non-Founders. If you're not in that group and you got registered, that's OK and you're more than welcome to play along. If you are in the Founder's group and you're not registered or having trouble with your registration, please follow this link- http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/sendmessage.php

This is more of a housekeeping issue- something that wasn't counted on for the initial testing of the site. If we get a flood of new people signing up, we'll have to wipe the database clean and it creates alot of work for a woman that's within hours of giving birth- and we don't want to do that :)

Registration will be open in a couple of days- once alot of these little details are attended to and we feel confident we're debugged and ready to go live.

For everyone else, please hold off on sharing this around. It would take a big effort to make it inaccessible to all but you and I'd rather spend those resources making the site work better- and get it finished.

Patience! We're almost there.

cosmic12
10-13-2008, 09:07 PM
No problem. Patience I got. Take your time and relax and get it right.

Buoy
10-13-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm glad you did that.
WE need to work out the details before it gets too busy.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-13-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm glad you did that.
WE need to work out the details before it gets too busy.

Good call

DonziGirl
10-14-2008, 12:42 PM
So you aren't going to wipe the databases?

Chris
10-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Nope- everything will stay.

Buoy
10-14-2008, 06:33 PM
HeHe, there's already some good stuff here:D
I was thinking about saving some to resurrect after you purged the board just so that later people could have a taste of the history of putting this thing together.

I've just been trying to put this thing through it's paces and look for hiccups in the things I usually use on a forum.
I can deal with the posting pics through photobucket, but it would be nice to be able to load them direct, and that way they become a part of the board. It's my understanding if I delete it from photobucket, it'll also disappear here. There is the potential for too much info/history to be lost.
The Avatar thing is still something that needs to be worked out - I'm just used to recognizing certain members just by the Av.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-14-2008, 07:38 PM
I noticed when uploading avatars and profile pic a jpeg turns to jpg in the upload and becomes invalid.

This obnoxious banner is a plead to delete pictures in signature before it gets real ugly.
Racesdad did one I copied the idea.

I hate it!!!

DonziGirl
10-14-2008, 07:52 PM
ooo pretty sparkles.... :D

I posted on your other thread but I'll summarize - there isn't a way to disable pics unless you also disable link because people can/will put in links from photobucket, etc

BY U BOY
10-14-2008, 08:03 PM
ooo pretty sparkles.... :D

I posted on your other thread but I'll summarize - there isn't a way to disable pics unless you also disable link because people can/will put in links from photobucket, etc

put it in the rules. No pics in sigs or you are banned.

stecz20
10-14-2008, 08:08 PM
whats with all this banning talk... lighten up francis.....:):)

BY U BOY
10-14-2008, 08:11 PM
whats with all this banning talk... lighten up francis.....:):)

we wre going to put you in charge of firing people.:D

stecz20
10-14-2008, 08:20 PM
not me pal, thats the divas dirty work... shes the boss lady....

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-14-2008, 08:22 PM

I agree, there should be something. I couldn't stand to see mine much less a page full of them.

If everybody has a banner flying in there sigs it must diminish the value of paying advertiser.

cosmic12
10-14-2008, 10:33 PM

I agree, I hate the dam things.