PDA

View Full Version : Is Julie Always This Sarcastic ?

SHARKEY-IMAGES
11-08-2008, 02:08 PM
I don't watch the show but I just came across this video on the Destin PR where a boat had stuffed and injured a passenger. As if the owner wasn't feeling bad enough, she had pulled this story from several resources and added her own commentary to it in a not so nice fashion... :ack2:

I was curious if anyone watches this show and knows if that is just they way she treats most of her stories?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWJpFhGreXM&feature=related

DollaBill
11-08-2008, 02:23 PM
well, it did look a little rough to be running that fast with a boat load of people. Just sayin...

And, it was only a 34' boat

NJgr8ful
11-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Yeah I agree Sharkey. I get the impression that is the 'style' of her broadcast and how she presents the show. Seems to me that she is going for sarcasism and sensationalism for her ratings, ala some of the Talk Soup or TMZ type broacasting you see swarming our cable airwaves as of recent years. RATINGS sell ... and make advertising and Julie $$$$$ and fame ;)

Fever Mike
11-08-2008, 05:00 PM
How's Julie anyway? Never heard of this show. Although she is absolutely correct in her assessment of this incident.

Trim'd Up
11-08-2008, 06:06 PM
That was only a 32'er, really a little less without the swim platform. Looked to me he had it trimmed pretty high too. I would think the guy already feels bad enough without getting jabbed on TV. I am sure everyone here has pushed it a little to far, but got lucky enough that nobody got hurt. He just wasn't as lucky...or was REALLY lucky, depending on how you look at it.

Strip Poker 388
11-08-2008, 06:12 PM
She didn't make a peep about the Evinrude driver not wearing a lanyard. There making the commercial is about speed and theres no life jackets.:eek:

Sarcastic B!tch:(

I bet she acts like this way in real life

Fever Mike
11-08-2008, 09:16 PM
She didn't make a peep about the Evinrude driver not wearing a lanyard. There making the commercial is about speed and theres no life jackets.:eek:

Sarcastic B!tch:(

Yeah he could of had the lanyard hooked to his balls!:ack2::rofl:

Macklin
11-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Old news. This was bantered back and forth on the other forums a while back.

But good viewing to remind us how important it is to be mindful of sea state, speed, trim and tab....especially with that many folks on board.

catmando
11-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Yeah he could of had the lanyard hooked to his balls!:ack2::rofl:ROFL :rofl:

fund razor
11-09-2008, 09:10 AM

Ok. I don't know her... but I know a heck of a lot of people with broadcasting gigs of one sort or another.
I will take your bet. How much do you owe me? :D

I think that it is "journalistic style" and not the way that she walks down the street, orders a starbucks, asks for pepper, speaks to her neighbors.

It is a style that seems to have come from short "stand ups" on info-tainment shows. Lots of gesticulation, head movements, expressions. It reminds me of how stage actors overact so that the fine details are not lost on the back row. (Of course... Julie's show is not art.)
It comes off as sarcasm to me also. Just less subtle.

Less people would have watched me stand there and call it a "trip and a stuff." Then I would have called him out on blaming it on an "organized event" rather than his loose control style as a skipper. He was running too fast for his boat and those conditions, and he looks like he was over trimmed.

At least she didn't wage an all out bash on Poker Runs in general.

Phantom1
11-10-2008, 11:42 PM
At least she didn't wage an all out bash on Poker Runs in general.

Good point!

cigdaze
11-11-2008, 08:43 AM
I have 3 words for her. DFC.