PDA

View Full Version : 1.88 Inconel exhaust valves

FULL FORCE
09-22-2009, 04:22 PM
I have looking for two sets of Inconel Valves 1.88 by 5.36 3/8 stem long to fit my Merlin heads, anyone have any affordable? budget engine....

ATECO ENGINES
10-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I can get you new REV valves for about $28.95 a piece. We are a REV Distributor. Inspect any used valves very carefully.
Good luck!!

FULL FORCE
10-07-2009, 10:25 AM
I can get you new REV valves for about $28.95 a piece. We are a REV Distributor. Inspect any used valves very carefully.
Good luck!!

I will keep that in mind!!

boomer35
10-07-2009, 11:22 AM
i told you, make me an offer, i have what you need!!! no offer to small!!! they are taking up room in my garage

FULL FORCE
10-07-2009, 11:27 AM
i told you, make me an offer, i have what you need!!! no offer to small!!! they are taking up room in my garage

I know, i was tryin g to get 2 matching sets, PM me what you would take, I would love a measurement though, I know people say standard length, but what is standard?

Chris
10-07-2009, 12:10 PM
First off, used valves are like used lightbulbs. They may look good and they may work, but there's no way of knowing how much life is left in them. If someone had a perfectly good used set, why would they not still be in the heads?

On length, you're going to determine that by both the head and the spring package. First stop should be the head manufacturer to see what they recommend on length.

FULL FORCE
10-07-2009, 12:32 PM
First off, used valves are like used lightbulbs. They may look good and they may work, but there's no way of knowing how much life is left in them. If someone had a perfectly good used set, why would they not still be in the heads?

On length, you're going to determine that by both the head and the spring package. First stop should be the head manufacturer to see what they recommend on length.

I talked to a couple engine builders, and was told they have never actually had a inconel failure, that with my HPO levels I should be fine with lower HR used, but I think I am just going to wait and buy new....

As far as length... I want to match what I have now in my Merlins so I do not need to resize pushrods or shim springs, right now everything is set up fine there, just do not have Inconel..

boomer35
10-07-2009, 01:18 PM

second off, i'm sure there are many good reasons why someone may have a perfectly good set of valves laying around... One for example would be the person decided to go with aluminum heads about 20 hrs after a rebuild, found a great deal on aluminum heads, and could not use his BRAND NEW iron head valves anymore.........
anyone have an idea of a fair price?

does anyone know what standard lenghts are, they came out of stock GM iron heads off a merc 500EFI

FULL FORCE
10-07-2009, 04:05 PM
second off, i'm sure there are many good reasons why someone may have a perfectly good set of valves laying around... One for example would be the person decided to go with aluminum heads about 20 hrs after a rebuild, found a great deal on aluminum heads, and could not use his BRAND NEW iron head valves anymore.........
anyone have an idea of a fair price?

does anyone know what standard lenghts are, they came out of stock GM iron heads off a merc 500EFI

were yours complete sets of 8?

boomer35
10-08-2009, 07:56 PM
yes

FULL FORCE
10-08-2009, 10:32 PM
yes

I thought one set had some bent ones...??

FULL FORCE
12-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Good luck!!

Can I get some info on these valves????

Ted
12-02-2009, 01:56 PM
I may have a set of 16 for you, I will try and get out to the garage tonight and measure them . They are brand new and I can't use them.

FULL FORCE
12-02-2009, 02:36 PM
I may have a set of 16 for you, I will try and get out to the garage tonight and measure them . They are brand new and I can't use them.

Let me know, I want to go with new one way or the other...thanks, Tim 440 476 4114 call if you have info...

Ted
12-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Sorry, they are 1.72 valves, not 1.88's now that I think of it they were too small, that's why they aren't in my heads.