PDA

View Full Version : GLEN COVE POWERBOAT POKER RUN Results 2009

Billy Frenz
09-22-2009, 02:49 AM
Glen Cove Powerboat Poker Run Results 2009
Inducted into the NPBA HALL OF FAME was George Linder, "The" famous boat designer and builder of Shadow, Chris Cats, and Conquest; just to name a few of his accomplishments that were used by the Lavin's "Jesse James Racing Team" and D'Elia's "Special Edition Racing Team". George started racing at NPBA's Gateway Powerboat Regatta in the late 70's...against me in Class A. CONGRATULATIONS George!
Also inducted into the prestigious NPBA HALL OF FAME was Stu Hayim, "RECOVERY", who also started his racing career at the Gateway Powerboat Regatta in Greenwich Conn, but it was in August of 1985. He went on to win every offshore WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE and still holds the record for circumnavigating Long Island in just 3 hours and 7 minutes in a 32 Skater powered by twin 650 hp Eickert engines. His sons were present to receive the award and brought along a Maserati and a Ferrari "California" to promote their Ferrari of Long Island and Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale dealerships. A CLASS ACT! They were also the Major Sponsor of this event...THANK YOU and CONGRATULATIONS Stu!
Steve Barker in his 39 Sonic, "For My Girls", collected the 3rd Place Award of $500.00 with 3 Aces.
Keith Cody in his 35 Fountain, "Never Been Better", collected the 2nd Place Award of $750.00 with a Straight/Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8.
Shaun Goldsbury in his 33 Donzi, "Double Nickles", collected the 1st Place Award of $1,250.00 with a Full House, 2 Queens, and 3- 7's.
BEST LOOKING BOAT Award went to Bernie Lewin and his 50 Cougar "HYPERACTIVE", created by Rich Strofolino and Mark Schneff of Connecticut's new NORTHEAST PERFORMANCE MARINE in Bridgeport CT.
BEST LOOKING CREW Award went to Buddy Sciandra and crew in his new 36 Skater Cat, "TOP CAT".
KING OF THE V-BOTTOMS Navigator went to Bill Betz in his ultra fast 43 Outerlimits, "QUICK GETAWAY".
KING OF THE CATS Navigator went to Dr Bill Schmid with Johnny Tomlinson on the sticks, in his 36 Skater Cat, "CATISFACTION". A great follow-up to his victory at the NEW YORK CITY POWERBOAT POKER RUN 2009.
Watch for future NPBA social events to be scheduled throughout the "off" season that will keep us stimulated until the 2010 boating season arrives.
Enjoy the photos at www.nationalpowerboat.com
Regards,
Billy Frenz
Executive Director
NATIONAL POWERBOAT ASSOCIATION
Direct E-mail: frenzyyy@optonline.net
Tel: 203-532-1312
PS: Contact Richie Strofolino/NORTHEAST PERFORMANCE MARINE at 203-912-7581 for all your fiberglass and mechanical needs, located in his new, 20,000 s.f. shop in Bridgeport, CT...or contact me for a reference.

Geronimo36
09-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Billy,

I came across this today. They got a few of my quotes incorrect but hey, at least they stayed on-point.
http://blog.nj.com/boating/2009/06/a_speedy_game_for_gamblers.html

Frank