PDA

View Full Version : 1977 24' Banana on Craig's

Ratickle
09-19-2009, 07:17 AM
http://southcoast.craigslist.org/boa/1366460876.html

What do you think? Really a "Race" boat?

Top Banana
09-19-2009, 09:49 AM
No....that is probably the Miami Boat show boat for '77.

We had two down there, one with a wine maroon color with a low sport windshield and a white one with the high aluminum frame with blue glass and the boat had an interior with blue accents....this one looks like the white with blue and the high windshield.

It was originally powered by a 280 TRS package, small block 350 cu in.

It was not a race boat and was never raced by the original owner.....don't know much beyond that.

Get me the VIN off the transom and I can tell you for sure.

Ratickle
09-21-2009, 05:03 PM
I sent an email asking him to let us know.

Ratickle
09-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Here you go Charlie, I edited out the name and number for this post.

hi,

I did hear a story about this boat. The person I bought it from also told me that there was some history on this boat. I heard it was custom made for a friend of Charlies and he fell sick and the boat was left to his son. The son then sold it to a doctor who has since passed and I purchased it from his widow. I also have pic of it being made and it is still on the original trailer. There was some talk of Mr. McCarthy wanting to buy it back but I don't know him personally or haven't been contacted. Do you know if there is any truth to this. If he would like it back or if there is some sentimental reason, I would be more than happy to have him get the boat. For some reason I haven't pushed to sell it, I really like it and have enjoyed my trips out on it this summer. I don't know why but it seems like I keep hearing a lot of stories about this boat being special and I guess that's why I was reluctant on selling it. I look forward to hearing from you. This boat is in great working conditon and rides like the day it was made. Thank you for responding to my ad.

Vin #

Ratickle
10-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Back TTT for Charlie's answer (if he has one yet).

Charlie, got an email from the owner to see if you had any luck.