PDA

View Full Version : He's not even President and OMG. . . . . . . .

BillR
11-08-2008, 09:48 AM
1st: lets censor ONLY the right and and take away freedom of speech:
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...008-11-04.html

2nd: Punish those that oppose Obama and the left wing radicals.
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

3ed: Lets start raising taxes on anything and everything: http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=211663&widget=1

4th: Get rid of more opposition or balanced point of view: http://www.drudgereport.com/flashopp.htm

5th: Friday (11/7) Obama launched a website dedicated to his greatness, a place where he can let the American People know what is to come under an Obama Administration. What will an Obama Administration look like?.......... CHANGE.GOV is the website where Obama lays out his plan to require all students into service. He will require that they complete between 50 and 100 hours of service per year....BUT WAIT:

This guy is a piece of work. The content on the "America Serves" section of the change.gov website has lived up to it's namesake and changed significantly over since Friday when I first saw it. I first heard about this "Indentured Servitude" program early this morning from another website, and when I went to the change.gov website to see what it was all about, the following text is what was there. It clearly outlines the "requirement" to perform service, with no compensation provided (read: slavery). The 13th Amendment clearly forbids this, as everyone knows.

The text from 8am on Nov 7, 2008 is as follows from change.gov:
The Obama Administration will call on Americans to serve in order to meet the nation’s challenges. President-Elect Obama will expand national service programs like AmeriCorps and Peace Corps and will create a new Classroom Corps to help teachers in underserved schools, as well as a new Health Corps, Clean Energy Corps, and Veterans Corps. Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year. Obama will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while at the same time promoting youth programs such as Youth Build and Head Start.

After other news sources picked up and reported on this clear violation of the Constitution in the President-elect's plans, the content of this same page of CHANGE.GOV's website, as of 6pm on the same day, Nov 7th, 2008 has been changed to the following:

The Obama Administration will call on Americans to serve in order to meet the nation’s challenges. President-Elect Obama will expand national service programs like AmeriCorps and Peace Corps and will create a new Classroom Corps to help teachers in underserved schools, as well as a new Health Corps, Clean Energy Corps, and Veterans Corps. Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by setting a goal that all middle school and high school students do 50 hours of community service a year and by developing a plan so that all college students who conduct 100 hours of community service receive a universal and fully refundable tax credit ensuring that the first $4,000 of their college education is completely free. Obama will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while at the same time promoting youth programs such as Youth Build and Head Start.

Note the marked difference between the first paragraph from the morning hours to the text on the site currently (although who knows what it will change to momentarily). There is now no mention of any "requirement", and there is clear reference to a new "fully refundable tax credit" (read: handout) for students performing 100 hours of community service per year - ostensibly without coercion or compulsion by Chairman MaObama. I'll take a philandering, cigar-smoking, blue dress-dirtying clown from Arkansas any day of the week over this. This is downright dangerous ground we are on.

If you think #5 is "ok" then you need to read this: http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html especially the 13th amendment!
As much as the media is trying to deny that Obama is going to over reach, it is already clear what kind of dictator he is going to be!!! I am not getting a warm & fuzzy feeling about Obama.

Those that voted for Obama will likely continue to defend thier decision - I guess until he does something radical that negatively affects them personally.

phragle
11-08-2008, 10:11 AM
well 4000 divide by 100 hours is $40 an hour........

bluellama
11-08-2008, 10:57 AM
I agree that in a functioning soceity it should be the Parent's job to make sure their children are raised properly. The problem is, that Parent's who are raising kids to be contributing members of society are already making sure their kids are well rounded with a sense of community service.
It's the rest of the slacker kids that need a wake up call.
Canada has always closely reflected the US and the last Conservative gov we had in Ontario saw the slope we were starting down with kids who weren't held responsible for their actions.
If you ever read the Young Offenders Act that the last national Lideral gov drafted, it would make you sick. Every week in our local paper there is a story about some drunk 17 year old getting caught doing something, and the resolution was that they were taken home to their parents. When I grew up in this town, if I was caught doing something like that, the local cop, who was a good friend of my Dad's, and his two sons are still two of my best friends, would have kicked my ass, then called my Dad to come pick me up on the station.

If that happened today, the cop would lose his job, and the parent's would be screaming for a lawsuit.

Cigdude
11-08-2008, 11:17 AM
I think it is hilarious that Jenny Granhole is on his economic advisory board. Hasn't she done enough by ruining Mi. economy?

pullmytrigger
11-08-2008, 11:59 AM
When I grew up in this town, if I was caught doing something like that, the local cop, who was a good friend of my Dad's, and his two sons are still two of my best friends, would have kicked my ass, then called my Dad to come pick me up on the station.

If that happened today, the cop would lose his job, and the parent's would be screaming for a lawsuit.

I tell this true story alot.....when I was about 10yrs old I was in the local corner store to buy some hockey cards and candy, just me in the store......I saw the lone shopkeeper (he was always alone) walk past in the other aisle, turn and I could hear him go down the stairs into the basement of the store......I KNEW that I could scoop all the candy I wanted and just walk out......believe me I thought about it. but then I thought if somehow something went wrong and I got caught, I would get a serious azz kicking from my old man and I didnt do it.....I waited a few minutes and paid.....the cops didnt even enter my head......It was my old man I was afraid of, not the cops.....I think that is missing from our society....that fear of my old man didnt hurt me one bit......he wasnt there to be my 'friend' he was there to provide for his family and bring his kids up with morals, common sence, respect for other people and their property and get them ready to be an adult......you want to be your kids 'friend' you'll probably find that when your 'friend' gets pizzed off at you he will tell you to 'fack off' like friends do to friens sometimes......