Offshore Ginger
11-07-2008, 07:57 PM
:sifone::rofl::sifone::sifone: Dawg what's up, from OFFSHORE GINGER :26::26:

glassdave
11-09-2008, 12:49 AM
ut-ohh . . . theres trouble :sifone::ack2:

Offshore Ginger
11-09-2008, 06:35 PM
ut-ohh . . . theres trouble :sifone::ack2: Thanks Dave .

runninhotracing
11-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Guess they'll let anybody in this place:rofl:

Hey guys IMRON 555U prep for in the bilge for the SKATER while the motors are out , sand with 180 and clean with solvent? thinner?rubbin alcohol ??
Thnx drinks on the house :03:

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offshore Ginger
11-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Bill #180or 220 will be fine , vacuum and wipe with Acetone . Bill i sometimes just use a plain old tack cloth . :)

Chris
11-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Dump about 15% MEK into the acetone. Helps with adhesion.

runninhotracing
11-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Dump about 15% MEK into the acetone. Helps with adhesion.

And wipe it totally dry or it will dry sticky ??? thnx Chris AKA BIG Daddy :leaving:

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phragle
11-10-2008, 12:24 PM
just be carefull with the MEK, it's nasty stuff.

Offshore Ginger
11-10-2008, 03:39 PM
And wipe it totally dry or it will dry sticky ??? thnx Chris AKA BIG Daddy :leaving:

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bill there should be no need for MEK as long as it is sanded properly and how's it going big daddy ? :rofl:

Chris
11-10-2008, 04:09 PM
MEK will just ever so slightly soften up whatever's under there. It won't be sticky, but it will help chemical adhesion. I can't tell you 100% that it absolutely improves things, but I've been doing it for 30+ years and I've yet to have adhesion problems. I learned it from an old-timer.

Chris
11-10-2008, 04:10 PM

It all is. MEK, acetone, etc. The worst is the cyanoacrylate in ALL paint accellerants. No filter respirator will remove it.

Offshore Ginger
11-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Bill , i will e mail you and i talked with Steve today :) . Bill if your bilge was repainted at Skater they would never use MEK in the Acetone and considering i was employed with them over 12 years and have been working on Skater,s over 18 years and have over 34 years experience doing glass work , i guess i do not know $hit.....................:) But then again i was always told that glass guys are flakes and each and everyone thinks they are the best .....ha ha ha ha

Offshore Ginger
11-10-2008, 08:53 PM
:) Dam Dave were have you been , i will buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz you tommorrow . G G :)

runninhotracing
11-10-2008, 09:02 PM

I might need 15% for myself if it can compete with Vicodin :26:

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

runninhotracing
11-10-2008, 09:03 PM
MEK will just ever so slightly soften up whatever's under there. It won't be sticky, but it will help chemical adhesion. I can't tell you 100% that it absolutely improves things, but I've been doing it for 30+ years and I've yet to have adhesion problems. I learned it from an old-timer.

Oh so now Glazzdave is an old timer LMAO :sifone::leaving:

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26:

Offshore Ginger
11-10-2008, 09:07 PM
I might need 15% for myself if it can compete with Vicodin :26:

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just took two Vicodin and drinking some Merlot , man what a $hity day:cuss: And yes it is a SKATER NATION , first and always will be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO #1

runninhotracing
11-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Bill , i will e mail you and i talked with Steve today :) . Bill if your bilge was repainted at Skater they would never use MEK in the Acetone and considering i was employed with them over 12 years and have been working on Skater,s over 18 years and have over 34 years experience doing glass work , i guess i do not know $hit.....................:) But then again i was always told that glass guys are flakes and each and everyone thinks they are the best .....ha ha ha ha

Easy there Tiger :) A few too many paint fumes today ..nobody is saying you dont know your paint & glass .... :26:
they got it all ready today and my lil guy is gonna spray it tomorrow morn

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offshore Ginger
11-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Easy there Tiger :) A few too many paint fumes today ..nobody is saying you dont know your paint & glass .... :26:
they got it all ready today and my lil guy is gonna spray it tomorrow morn

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes 555-U ALL DAY LONG , MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN .

glassdave
11-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Oh so now Glazzdave is an old timer LMAO :sifone::leaving:

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26:

how old do you hafta be to be an old timer? I dont think i'm any where it yet at any rate lol:D

And yes the MEK is a good trick to give you a bit of a "leg up" on the adhesion, i dont think you could ever have to much of that.

Artie . . . gotta tell ya bro . . . . not real thrilled about you choice of screen names there bud. I spent a lot of time and effort perfecting the man the myth the legend that is . . . glassdave . . . . you should stick to offshore ginger.

Offshore Ginger
11-10-2008, 09:58 PM
how old do you hafta be to be an old timer? I dont think i'm any where it yet at any rate lol:D

And yes the MEK is a good trick to give you a bit of a "leg up" on the adhesion, i dont think you could ever have to much of that.

Artie . . . gotta tell ya bro . . . . not real thrilled about you choice of screen names there bud. I spent a lot of time and effort perfecting the man the myth the legend that is . . . glassdave . . . . you should stick to offshore ginger. Dave before i joined i came aboard as a vistor and i saw that Race dad has already thrown me under the bus , i thought i would be banned before i got started . Dave you have the power , help me change it .................................... Back to OFFSHORE GINGER ......... Artie:)

glassdave
11-10-2008, 10:02 PM
will do artie:)

Chris
11-10-2008, 10:02 PM
The old guy was an old guy before you were born Dave. My dad worked for him in the 60's- they built composite parts for aircraft.

Be safe on the drive home. We have WAY more laughing to do.

P.S. Still got your drink light?

glassdave
11-10-2008, 10:17 PM
The old guy was an old guy before you were born Dave. My dad worked for him in the 60's- they built composite parts for aircraft.

Be safe on the drive home. We have WAY more laughing to do.

P.S. Still got your drink light?

actually its my "check liver" light that has been on. yep, lots more to do and a thought just occurred to me. for the first time in the history on man the phrase "Crepes with honor" was used. :D

we are just getting to the FL border and will make Atlanta tonight. i will be home tomorrow afternoon.

phragle
11-10-2008, 10:20 PM
make it further than atlanta or you will walk out of the hotel in the morning to find the truck on blocks stripped.........

Offshore Ginger
11-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Dave . just curious did you talk with Pete anytime last week in Key west and how did you do ..........................:)

Chris
11-10-2008, 10:42 PM
That's the beauty of sobering up. You start to recapture tose little snippets- sort of like getting to relive them again.

Crepes with honor. Another modern classic.