PDA

View Full Version : New Fuel Pump

Mikeb4
09-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Well season's dissapearing quick here in Michigan ... sitting around bored tonight I thought I would post up pics of my new CV Billet fuel pump ..... paid over $450 with shipping :( , sure hope it cures the Carter pump fuel leaking into the water pump shaft oil problem.

Almost too pretty to put on the motor ..... also my 2" Super Sucker is new this year .... :driving: not much else changed.

Griswald
09-13-2009, 08:01 PM
that bilge looks almost too pretty to put in the water. What did the super-sucker get you?

Mikeb4
09-13-2009, 11:04 PM
that bilge looks almost too pretty to put in the water. What did the super-sucker get you?

I just cleaned it up since I had some time with the crappy weather a couple weeks ago. Not sure exactly on the Super Sucker, the boat runs stronger than last year but I also had the carb redone with significant dyno tuning last winter, so I can't say if it's the carb work or SS or in most cases both.

It's pretty cool piece of artwork the way it's milled out from the four Holley holes to a flared 4 leaf clover, seems like it has to improve carb signal.

Dude! Sweet!
09-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Looks nice! When I ran out of fuel pressure on my mechanical on Chis' boat, I switched to one of those Aeromitive A1000s. Nice pumps. We were just talking about what pump we're going to run on the raceboat today...

Boat looks awesome (as always)! Keep up the good work!

Mikeb4
09-14-2009, 08:29 AM
I was also thinking of going electric, but considering the extra install work if this pump holds up as well as the OSO guys say it does it was a quicker long term solution that just needed new fittings. I do like the fact the mechanical pumps blow slowly with some warning normally, and this one rebuilds for less than $50.

We will see!

blackhawk
09-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Well season's dissapearing quick here in Michigan ...

Can you remember a summer this crappy? :( At least we've had some nice September days.

Your bilge looks great!!!

Dude! Sweet!
09-14-2009, 10:41 AM
I was looking at these pics again... Man, I love the way your boat is rigged. Everyone who talked about this boat (including me) and didn't buy it when Shogren had it was an idiot. :sifone:

ar15meister
09-14-2009, 10:49 AM
looks good Mike.

My season ended this past weekend.....

I am going to be asking you alot of questions because my bilge is rigged exactly like yours just not nearly as clean. But since the motor is coming out I might as well go for it.

Mikeb4
09-14-2009, 12:34 PM
It was a bad weather summer, I was able to do most of what I wanted, just not often enough! I'll run one more time the first weekend in October and then winterize. Getting older I don't run as early or as late as I did when I was in my 20's :ack2: Bones creak a lot more!!!! :rofl:

Anything you need Adam ....

Dirt bike season round two kicking in!! track this weekend and woods the next weekend! my new KTM this year has been kickin' my A@@ .....

ar15meister
09-14-2009, 12:40 PM
I hurt my motor in a poker run this past weekend. No idea yet how bad but definately not good. It is coming out. There is already talk of building a blower motor and shooting for triple digits but right now it is just talk.

Season is over.

I may need to pick your brain about soe of the rigging as my bilge wasnt really cared for as it should have been and I want to fix it once and for all while the motor is out.

ar15meister
09-14-2009, 12:41 PM
I hurt my motor in a poker run this past weekend. No idea yet how bad but definately not good. It is coming out. There is already talk of building a blower motor and shooting for triple digits but right now it is just talk.

Season is over.

I may need to pick your brain about soe of the rigging as my bilge wasnt really cared for as it should have been and I want to fix it once and for all while the motor is out.

Forgot to mention, your bilge and fuel pump are awesome...:sifone:

Mikeb4
09-14-2009, 12:44 PM

Season is over.

If you want to PM me your email addy I will send some high res pics that may be a good reference while you are in the thick of it! Let me know if there is a particular area of interest .... thanks Mike

Mikeb4
09-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Forgot to mention, your bilge and fuel pump are awesome...:sifone:

Thanks ..... unfortunately a clean bildge mean low running hours this year!! :nopity: LOL

The real truth is I'm in a secret competition with Tom, it's just a rumor that the winner gets a new whipple ...... :rofl::willy_nilly: