PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions about my boat

ICDEDPPL
09-11-2009, 10:40 PM
What do you guys keep your battery selector at when under way .. on one battery only or "ALL"
I keep it on ALL but was thinking that may be too much draw on the alt.

Secondly I have a black box wired to power under the passenger seat, it has a short antenna.. what the hell is it for? I can take a pic.

Lastly, under the plague of manufacturer description theres a covered toggle switch, whats is that for?

I`m so confused...help:26:

phragle
09-11-2009, 10:55 PM
ok, the box under the passanger seat with the antenna, you should have a little fob on your keychain with a red button. If your passenger starts sniveling about how fast you are going, push the red button, it will send a signal to the box with the little antenna activating the ejection seat. The covered toggle switch is the safety/activation switch for the ejection seat.

as for the battery selector, how many engines/alternators and batteries?

ICDEDPPL
09-11-2009, 11:56 PM
ok, the box under the passanger seat with the antenna, you should have a little fob on your keychain with a red button. If your passenger starts sniveling about how fast you are going, push the red button, it will send a signal to the box with the little antenna activating the ejection seat. The covered toggle switch is the safety/activation switch for the ejection seat.

as for the battery selector, how many engines/alternators and batteries?

that makes sense, i`ll have to get a replacement keychain red button for sure.
Otherwise 2 batteries one motor

phragle
09-12-2009, 12:14 AM
provided everything is in decent shape, it shouldn't be an issue. are you running one starter battery and one deep cycle for the house/backup? Never EVER turn the battery switch to off when its running.

MOBILEMERCMAN
09-12-2009, 12:17 AM
The both batteries will only get charged if you run them in the All position. I wouldn't worry about the draw.

Magic Medicine
09-12-2009, 08:17 AM
The both batteries will only get charged if you run them in the All position. I wouldn't worry about the draw.

I have to agree with Jim. The black box seems to be some sort of antenna. As far as the switch I would call Pat at AT and see what he has to say

MILD THUNDER
09-12-2009, 04:03 PM
I bet the black box is for a remote engine hatch lift. so standing at the dock you can raise your hatch and show off your shiny 600SC.

MILD THUNDER
09-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Oh, and the covered toggle switch could have been installed to actuate switchable mufflers, or silent choice diverters if the boat ever had them..

Scarab KV
09-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Where do I get one of these ejection seats?:D

ICDEDPPL
09-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Ok I got some pics.

I think the black box controlled a light that`s now missing in the front.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DanBaloun/IMG00084.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DanBaloun/IMG00085.jpg

This must be a really dumb question but this is some kind of safety/shut off switch right?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/DanBaloun/IMG00083.jpg

I made the mistake of as asking on OSO and instead of answering the damn question someone from Active Thunder made some smart ass comment about trying to run it with the toggle switch down and see what happens. ok thanx for the reply :rolleyes:

Magic Medicine
09-16-2009, 05:35 PM
do you have a navigation light on the bow???? Could have been for that light, possibly a spot light was there once??????

PPI is supposed to be great for interior redo's

mustang
09-16-2009, 05:38 PM
I think you're right about the black box. Guest made a spotlight that was a wireless remote control. The black box has the name The Guest Company on it and you have what looks to be a mount for a spotlight on the bow.

ICDEDPPL
09-16-2009, 05:59 PM
do you have a navigation light on the bow???? Could have been for that light, possibly a spot light was there once??????

PPI is supposed to be great for interior redo's

PPI ?

and yes it does seem like a remote light was on the bow.. mystery solved!:26: haha

Trim'd Up
09-16-2009, 06:06 PM
The white thing is your kill switch, where your lanyard should go.
The black box is for a remote light. Here it is. ;)
http://www.muchmarine.com/detail.tpl?sku=10815&cart=[cart]&category=Chargers/Inverters

ICDEDPPL
09-16-2009, 06:23 PM
You guys wear your lanyards?

A remote light on this boat.. can you say fugly:ack2:

Airpacker
09-16-2009, 06:37 PM

:

RUTRO, he didn't just say that did he??????????????? :)

ICDEDPPL
09-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Hmm, I don`t ever see anyone wearing one.. maybe I`ll start:sifone:

Magic Medicine
09-16-2009, 07:46 PM

A remote light on this boat.. can you say fugly:ack2:

Good idea to wear the lanyard. I wear mine most of the time:sifone:

OBNOXUS
09-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Good idea to wear the lanyard. I wear mine most of the time:sifone:

Mine lanyard isnt long enough to reach the back seat so I dont wear it !!!!!!!

redhotsommer
09-16-2009, 09:03 PM

What's that line they say about not being able to fix stupid? :rofl:

OBNOXUS
09-16-2009, 09:14 PM
well,,,, if I owned a FONtain I might be more apt to wear it,,,,, but I feel pretty safe in my boat !!!!!!! :biggrinjester::26::boxing_smiley:

MILD THUNDER
09-16-2009, 10:34 PM
well,,,, if I owned a FONtain I might be more apt to wear it,,,,, but I feel pretty safe in my boat !!!!!!! :biggrinjester::26::boxing_smiley:

Mine doesnt have lanyards...they prefered not to have a accident should you forget its clipped on when you step down to the cabin to get a cocktail while underway...the sudden braking force can cause spilled scotch.

OBNOXUS
09-16-2009, 10:59 PM
lanyards are for boats you can get tossed around on !!!!!

yours,,,,, not so much !!!!

Magic Medicine
09-17-2009, 07:33 AM

What's that line they say about not being able to fix stupid? :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Magic Medicine
09-17-2009, 07:34 AM
Mine doesnt have lanyards...they prefered not to have a accident should you forget its clipped on when you step down to the cabin to get a cocktail while underway...the sudden braking force can cause spilled scotch.

:sifone::26:

Magic Medicine
09-17-2009, 07:35 AM

burn. I like fontains, especially BZ's, that dog can hunt

Tony M
09-17-2009, 08:53 AM
Mine lanyard isnt long enough to reach the back seat so I dont wear it !!!!!!! BIG MOUTH ! :cuss: :boxing_smiley: