PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to that Chief boat?

dockrocker
09-11-2009, 06:40 PM
I kind of fell out of the boating scene for a while. From what I remember, there was quite the fiasco with the "new" Apache nee Chief company and the one and only boat they built. I tried reading up on the outcome over at OSO, but frankly it gives me headache trying to sort through all the horse**** on the Apache forum.

I know Marc Blondin was selling/sold the one boat they built. I also heard it was an old hull with a new deck? Basically, I'm just curious as to what the real story was without the drama. It was/is a nice looking boat and I heard it's still in the Great Lakes area somewhere. Wondering if I'd ever get a chance to see it "live" rather than in pics.

Ryan Beckley
09-11-2009, 07:09 PM
It was a paceboat for the Michigan City Indiana race, badged as a Saccenti Powerboat....with Bobby behind the wheel!

phragle
09-11-2009, 08:21 PM
I can niether confirm nor deny, nor elaborate for fear of great bodily harm....

09-11-2009, 08:46 PM
. I also heard it was an old hull with a new deck?

I thought it had steps? :confused:

I would like to hear the story too. :bigear:

MahopacMarine
09-11-2009, 08:59 PM
I thought it had steps? :confused:

Yes it does.

MahopacMarine
09-11-2009, 09:01 PM
It was a paceboat for the Michigan City Indiana race, badged as a Saccentti Powerboat....with Bobby behind the wheel!

It was pretty cool to be on board with him working the throttles!

MahopacMarine
09-11-2009, 09:02 PM

:rofl::rofl::iagree:

Ratickle
09-11-2009, 09:22 PM

:rofl::rofl::iagree:

:rofl: :iagree: :rofl:

phragle
09-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Originaly posted by Sgt. Schultz: I know naaahhhhzzzziiinnngggg

:huh:

MahopacMarine
09-11-2009, 09:45 PM
:rofl: :iagree: :rofl:

Apparently my placement of smileys was off huh Paul? :biggrinjester:

Ratickle
09-11-2009, 09:54 PM
It was just fine....

How's this??????

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww310/ptrose/IMG_0639.jpg

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww310/ptrose/IMG_0637.jpg

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww310/ptrose/IMG_0638.jpg

Geronimo36
09-11-2009, 10:23 PM
What ever happened to that Chief boat?.

It's alive and well in the swells. :driving:

boatme
09-11-2009, 10:39 PM
I guess i should just stay out of this one

J-Bonz
09-12-2009, 12:52 AM
The one and only Bobby driving.............

stecz20
09-12-2009, 01:46 AM
i like this one best

stecz20
09-12-2009, 01:47 AM
I guess i should just stay out of this one

good idea.....:seeya::seeya:

MikeyFIN
09-12-2009, 04:43 AM
Looks great but the steps (too small in the entry corner to get air) look like some taken from a Cat... and they are in a cat only to loose some grip in the turns basically ;)

Also the deck is raised a bit too much in my taste..it should be totally Flat ;)
But Thats nitpicking on my behalf.

The First Mohican looks GREAT and Bobby gave it his blessing.
PERIOD

Magic Medicine
09-12-2009, 08:13 AM
It was pretty cool to be on board with him working the throttles!

x2:sifone:

What a great boat ride!

boatme
09-12-2009, 09:09 AM
As the guy who has more hours running this boat than anyone but the original owner all i can say is it is amazing in rough water I have run it in 6 foot seas at 90 MPH In Lake Michigan and I am sure it is a feat most people woulnt try with there boats for more than a few minutes. The hull on this boat performs great and with a reverse chine it corners at speed very well.

Bobby being part of the boat is a great thing, however i am also made aware that somehow the original owners of the company have some involvment with THIS perticular boat, and If that is the case then the boat is tainted again.

If this hull were to be picked up by somone new and built with todays technology it would be an incrediable project

But if this boat is going to be marketed by the old owners of the company everyone needs to run not walk away from it

Word is the hull has the posability to make a comback in the future by someone new But just so no one says later "why didnt anyone warn me " if the original owners of Chief have even the slightest envolvment in this boat it will be a disaster

I hope it gets picked up by somone new and marketed the way it was started to be It is a nitch boat and i would guess only a few would ever be produced, but the boat would be one hell of a piece for the select few if built by a new group

(Sorry i couldnt stay out of it )

TEAMBAJA
09-12-2009, 09:14 AM
The one and only Bobby driving.............

Wheres that picture of you and Bobby? You looked like you just met Santa Claus in that picture!:D

J-Bonz
09-12-2009, 09:34 AM
wheres that picture of you and bobby? You looked like you just met santa claus in that picture!:d

:) :) :) :) :)

Tommy Gun
09-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Looks great but the steps (too small in the entry corner to get air) look like some taken from a Cat... and they are in a cat only to loose some grip in the turns basically ;)

Are the steps reversed???

Brad
09-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Fome what I have seen the steps are not reversed like the 36's that were built in the late 90's. Who own's the boat currently?

Geronimo36
09-12-2009, 01:29 PM
A guy in Florida..........

Pretty sure it's an insert and the steps are similar to what the 36' had.........

the deck is from a 36', gives you much more headroom and usable cabin space in a pleasure boat......

7-10 mph faster with similar power than a standard 41' Apache pleasure version.....also, the deadrise was not compromised so it's still a good rough water boat....

A newer one can be made much lighter..

09-12-2009, 01:36 PM
when was this boat made?

Dreamer
09-12-2009, 01:57 PM
layed up at the end of the Nu era 36 run.... like 2000 or 2001

boatme
09-12-2009, 02:53 PM
layed up at the end of the Nu era 36 run.... like 2000 or 2001

It was Finished in 2006 after the finished hull has sat around for years (not a bad thing) then was finaly rigged and completed to what it is today

MikeyFIN
09-12-2009, 03:25 PM

No but the chines are

The hull on this boat performs great and with a reverse chine it corners at speed very well.

Brad
09-12-2009, 04:03 PM
It was Finished in 2006 after the finished hull has sat around for years (not a bad thing) then was finaly rigged and completed to what it is today

I think he is talking about the Appache 36 with reverse steps

Scarab KV
09-12-2009, 05:07 PM
:) :) :) :) :)

It's not every day that you get to hang with royalty.:D

09-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Sorry for the ignorance, is it a 41' or 42'?

dockrocker
09-12-2009, 08:24 PM
42, I believe.

Geronimo36
09-12-2009, 08:31 PM
No but the chines are

the chine after the last step is turned down, like a Top Gun.

My memory is foggy so someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the same guy who designed the duo delta conic and the AVH bottom on the Active Thunder designed the step insert for the 36' and the 42' Chief/Neutech?

There's really not many secrets about the design, just give Bobby a call I'm sure he'd be glad to expound.

Sean Stinson
09-12-2009, 08:40 PM
I kind of fell out of the boating scene for a while. From what I remember, there was quite the fiasco with the "new" Apache nee Chief company and the one and only boat they built. I tried reading up on the outcome over at OSO, but frankly it gives me headache trying to sort through all the horse**** on the Apache forum.

I know Marc Blondin was selling/sold the one boat they built. I also heard it was an old hull with a new deck? Basically, I'm just curious as to what the real story was without the drama. It was/is a nice looking boat and I heard it's still in the Great Lakes area somewhere. Wondering if I'd ever get a chance to see it "live" rather than in pics.

I think I will sit out of this one.....I don't want to go back on blood pressure meds.....Blondin is the closest to the story....:boxing_smiley::boxing_smiley:

Sean Stinson
09-12-2009, 08:43 PM
As the guy who has more hours running this boat than anyone but the original owner all i can say is it is amazing in rough water I have run it in 6 foot seas at 90 MPH In Lake Michigan and I am sure it is a feat most people woulnt try with there boats for more than a few minutes. The hull on this boat performs great and with a reverse chine it corners at speed very well.

Bobby being part of the boat is a great thing, however i am also made aware that somehow the original owners of the company have some involvment with THIS perticular boat, and If that is the case then the boat is tainted again.

If this hull were to be picked up by somone new and built with todays technology it would be an incrediable project

But if this boat is going to be marketed by the old owners of the company everyone needs to run not walk away from it

Word is the hull has the posability to make a comback in the future by someone new But just so no one says later "why didnt anyone warn me " if the original owners of Chief have even the slightest envolvment in this boat it will be a disaster

I hope it gets picked up by somone new and marketed the way it was started to be It is a nitch boat and i would guess only a few would ever be produced, but the boat would be one hell of a piece for the select few if built by a new group

(Sorry i couldnt stay out of it )

Hi Pal

boatme
09-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi Pal

Sean

Now my blood pressure is up LOL

Sean Stinson
09-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Sean

Now my blood pressure is up LOL

Sorry bro

09-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Did the steps make much difference with them being small?

How much does this boat weigh? What kind of top end speed what it getting with that power? Did someone say they were 1200's?

Does Bobby Saccenti still have the moulds?

I like the deck being slightly raised.

I sure like this boat! :sifone:

Roger 1
09-13-2009, 01:51 PM
It's a beautiful boat. It needs to be seen in the sun to truly appreciate the paint job.

Roger 1
09-13-2009, 01:57 PM
A few more.

Roger 1
09-13-2009, 02:00 PM
....and last but not least.

Scarab KV
09-13-2009, 02:55 PM
The changes that man has seen over the years. Would be intresting to hear which he likes and dislikes.

MikeyFIN
09-13-2009, 03:08 PM
I think I will sit out of this one.....I don't want to go back on blood pressure meds.....Blondin is the closest to the story....:boxing_smiley::boxing_smiley:

Offtopic:
then I can help you
I was at my Friends house today browsing around Hydros ( we brought a 2.5 Litre Hydro to our garage yesterday) in the net and other boatrelated stuff while his wife started to complain her bloodpressure meter shows all wrong.
I told her to bring it over and while I was still browsing and joking I got the readings twice:

Upper pressure (1st/2nd) 123/116
Lower 70/75

Pulse 46/48....

I know I can get If I relax truly down to 95/55 and the pulse down under 40...

Highest pulse reading I ever have had behind the wheel racing has been in Karting at 196, at roadracing around 185, offshore around 160.
Tops has been Muay-Thaiboxing at 205...

In the net surfing for Wellcrafts my pulse is around 50, Cigarettes at 55 , with Sutphens ,Larry Smiths and raceboats at 65, Apaches depending on the nature of the thread everything from 40-70.

boatme
09-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Boat has twin Chief motors (No affiliation with Chief Powerboats) 950 Fuel injection

These are SUPER MOTORS !!!

boatme
09-13-2009, 03:56 PM
How about these shots at my house behind my truck

Scarab KV
09-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Incredible boat

boatme
09-13-2009, 04:04 PM
a few more

1) Myself, (on the right side) Mike (the original owner - in the back), Mitcher T (painter of the boat - on the left side)

2) Close up to see the metal flake in the paint

3) Mike and I (Dual Helm) running the boat in Smoke On The Water Poker Run

dockrocker
09-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Marc, isn't it about time for a SOTW resurrection? Maybe in 2011?

boatme
09-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Marc, isn't it about time for a SOTW resurrection? Maybe in 2011?

I would love to, but in these economic times i think we have to wait a bit longer before we start having those discussions.

OneBadInjun
09-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Whats Bob doing for an income these days? Or is he pretty much retired?

baywatch
09-13-2009, 10:28 PM
This is still one of my favorite boats in recent history. I like all of the interior similarities to the 36' yet a more efficient hull with full stagger (reliable 950efi's on 6's) and dual helm. If I would have hit the lottery while it was on the market this would have been my first choice of a new to me boat. I too would be curious what the dry weight was of this vessel as well as the fuel capacity.

I suppose I can hold out hope to possibly be the third or fourth owner LOL..

boatme
09-13-2009, 11:45 PM
They shoud change the name to "the last Mohican" or maybe "No Mo Mohican"
LOL

Roger 1
09-14-2009, 08:25 AM
This is still one of my favorite boats in recent history. I like all of the interior similarities to the 36' yet a more efficient hull with full stagger (reliable 950efi's on 6's) and dual helm. If I would have hit the lottery while it was on the market this would have been my first choice of a new to me boat. I too would be curious what the dry weight was of this vessel as well as the fuel capacity.

I suppose I can hold out hope to possibly be the third or fourth owner LOL..

Here are a couple of shots showing a little more of the cockpit.

Geronimo36
09-14-2009, 09:05 AM
They shoud change the name to "the last Mohican" or maybe "No Mo Mohican"
LOL

Seriously dude, just get over it already... What's done is done....

Even if there were new owners and a new boat was going to make a 2nd debut I don't think any of you guys would allow that to happen, regardless who is behind the scenes. I thought you guys kissed and made up? The boat was on the market for a very long time, who helped you sell it?

It's over....

He's been restoring some very well known boats...some we'll probably hear about soon.... One of the names starts with an "H"

Scarab KV
09-14-2009, 09:05 AM
That's a drop dead gorgeous boat

insanity
09-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Saw it on Lake Erie this weekend, looked good!

Roger 1
09-14-2009, 09:40 AM

I think that Bob is one of those guys that doesn't have the word "Retire" in His vocabulary. He is always going to be involved in one way or another. He just loves it too much and has too much to contribute to not be a part of it.

boatme
09-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Seriously dude, just get over it already... What's done is done....

"

Its called Humor relax!! Maybe we have to circle the wagons and call for more reserves :26:

By the way the interior of this boat is NOT what the original owner ordered and should be replaced with a white interior with some color trim (how it was ordered)

Bob and I talk often I have no problem with Bobby

we worked hard together on the Chief project and we continue to talk as often as time allows

He is working on restoring some old Apache stuff right now and keeping very busy

boatme
09-14-2009, 01:39 PM
What i have always said and continue to say is the HULL is amazing!! The guys who operated the company are a whole differnt game

I know what you think i dont know about the future for the hull, and that does not change things from my prospective

Funny how things change regaurding this boat, It is getting the same colorfull past as the Apaches

Relax the boat (hull) is good the past is not so good and only a few know what all has transpired with the boat

I would have boaght the boat in a second had i been able to afford it and get it for the right price I am not at all afraid of the hull design

LotoSteve
09-14-2009, 01:47 PM
What i have always said and continue to say is the HULL is amazing!! The guys who operated the company are a whole differnt game

I know what you think i dont know about the future for the hull, and that does not change things from my prospective

Funny how things change regaurding this boat, It is getting the same colorfull past as the Apaches

Relax the boat (hull) is good the past is not so good and only a few know what all has transpired with the boat
I would have boaght the boat in a second had i been able to afford it and get it for the right price I am not at all afraid of the hull design

Is it top secret or can you fill us in. I noticed the parties involved left oso around the same time this boat was finished? Why?

Ratickle
09-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Is it top secret or can you fill us in. I noticed the parties involved left oso around the same time this boat was finished? Why?

There was a thread on OSO way back. I do not want to re-hash it here. There is no reason too. I've seen the boat when delivered, when it ran in Smoke, and at Michigan City. An amazing piece.

Maybe some of the guys who rode in it at Michigan City could talk about some of their experiences. Unfortunately, one of those was not me. Other than that, someday we'll see what the new owner has to say.

boatme
09-14-2009, 02:01 PM

Much has been written (Mostly by me) do a serch i am to tired to start over

It is fair to say Bobby was great to work with and his passion and knowledge is amazing

But Chief was owned and run by others, that is why the boat company was not successful

baywatch
09-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Its called Humor relax!! Maybe we have to circle the wagons and call for more reserves :26:

By the way the interior of this boat is NOT what the original owner ordered and should be replaced with a white interior with some color trim (how it was ordered)

Bob and I talk often I have no problem with Bobby

we worked hard together on the Chief project and we continue to talk as often as time allows

He is working on restoring some old Apache stuff right now and keeping very busy

I actually like the color of the interior. I think it complments the paint and vice versa. Whom ever owns her now is a lucky person and I am truely jealous..

Sean Stinson
09-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Offtopic:
then I can help you
I was at my Friends house today browsing around Hydros ( we brought a 2.5 Litre Hydro to our garage yesterday) in the net and other boatrelated stuff while his wife started to complain her bloodpressure meter shows all wrong.
I told her to bring it over and while I was still browsing and joking I got the readings twice:

Upper pressure (1st/2nd) 123/116
Lower 70/75

Pulse 46/48....

I know I can get If I relax truly down to 95/55 and the pulse down under 40...

Highest pulse reading I ever have had behind the wheel racing has been in Karting at 196, at roadracing around 185, offshore around 160.
Tops has been Muay-Thaiboxing at 205...

In the net surfing for Wellcrafts my pulse is around 50, Cigarettes at 55 , with Sutphens ,Larry Smiths and raceboats at 65, Apaches depending on the nature of the thread everything from 40-70.

LOL :sifone::sifone::sifone::sifone: Thanks for the reality check!!!!!

Magic Medicine
09-15-2009, 07:46 AM
There was a thread on OSO way back. I do not want to re-hash it here. There is no reason too. I've seen the boat when delivered, when it ran in Smoke, and at Michigan City. An amazing piece.

Maybe some of the guys who rode in it at Michigan City could talk about some of their experiences. Unfortunately, one of those was not me. Other than that, someday we'll see what the new owner has to say.

I rode in the boat in Michigan City thanks to Sunkin and my boyz from Mahopac Marine. The boat is truely amazing, PERIOD. 90 mph no problem with 6 in the boat and 4-5' water. Running into, with and in quatering seas the boat handled truely amazing. The thing turned like it was on rails, landed like a pillow. What else do you want to know?????? Riding with a legend behind the wheel and sticks was truely priceless, a day I will never forget!:driving::driving::driving:

Roger 1
09-15-2009, 08:57 AM
I rode in the boat in Michigan City thanks to Sunkin and my boyz from Mahopac Marine. The boat is truely amazing, PERIOD. 90 mph no problem with 6 in the boat and 4-5' water. Running into, with and in quatering seas the boat handled truely amazing. The thing turned like it was on rails, landed like a pillow. What else do you want to know?????? Riding with a legend behind the wheel and sticks was truely priceless, a day I will never forget!:driving::driving::driving:

You should of seen Andy. A half hour later He was still shaking and giggling like a little girl. He had a smile so big and wide he looked like a "Pez" dispenser.

Ratickle
09-15-2009, 09:00 AM
You should of seen Andy. A half hour later He was still shaking and giggling like a little girl. He had a smile so big and wide he looked like a "Pez" dispenser.

At least you were looking at his smile. I bet that wasn't the only evidence being displayed of the ride..........:rofl:

Ratickle
09-15-2009, 09:02 AM
I rode in the boat in Michigan City thanks to Sunkin and my boyz from Mahopac Marine.

What else do you want to know??????

Did Bobby scare the crap out of you ever??????

Magic Medicine
09-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Did Bobby scare the crap out of you ever??????

nope not one bit, the boat and the driver felt really safe. And trust you me I know enough to be scared!:sifone:

Magic Medicine
09-15-2009, 10:45 AM

Roger hit the nail of the head. I am still smiling thinking back to that day:driving:

At least you were looking at his smile. I bet that wasn't the only evidence being displayed of the ride..........:rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sean Stinson
09-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Anytime you get a chance to go for a ride with Bobby don't let the oppurtunity pass you by!!!!!

Chris
09-15-2009, 11:23 AM
I was walking down the dock and ran across a couple of board members. We chatted for a minute and then I asked "Hey, would you like to meet Bobby Saccenti?"

They both got quiet and looked at their shoes.

They started to say "uh...well..."

Stecz was there- he told them "Are you out of your mind? Go shake the hand of a legend". As always, Bobby treated them like they'd bought a dozen boats from him.

phragle
09-15-2009, 11:25 AM
I gotta start hanging out on the right docks.........

insanity
09-15-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm bummed, I can only guess we missed seeing it/them at Kelleys by about 20-30 mins last Sunday? It was a little after 10am I think... :( Oh well, seeing the Chief blow our doors off was still pretty cool. If I thought we could have caught up I would have turned around but no sooner did we realize what had just happened and turned to look back, it was gone! That boat is no joke!

boatme
09-15-2009, 01:00 PM
I was walking down the dock and ran across a couple of board members. We chatted for a minute and then I asked "Hey, would you like to meet Bobby Saccenti?"

Stecz was there- he told them "Are you out of your mind? Go shake the hand of a legend". As always, Bobby treated them like they'd bought a dozen boats from him.

Just say the word BOAT to Bobby and he will talk for hours (that is a good thing) I talked to him yesterday and he is a very busy guy right now doing some apache redoes

Everytime Bobby and I get together i hear somthing i never heard before about "the good old days" LOL
Bobby is always great guy to hang with Just mention his name and you should get the Offshore Joe award LOL

Sean Stinson
09-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Just say the word BOAT to Bobby and he will talk for hours (that is a good thing) I talked to him yesterday and he is a very busy guy right now doing some apache redoes

Everytime Bobby and I get together i hear somthing i never heard before about "the good old days" LOL
Bobby is always great guy to hang with Just mention his name and you should get the Offshore Joe award LOL

Hours.....you have to pry yourself away from him literally!!!!!! He should write a book it would be a very exstensive novel!!!!!:sifone::sifone:

LEOPAJM
09-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Did my post get deleted or did I forget to hit "reply" ?

fund razor
09-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Hmm. I don't see a delete trail. "Hard" poofs are pretty rare here.

Post it again and we'll see. :D

OneBadInjun
09-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Glad to hear Bob is still in the business, refurbishing older Apache's, etc. It keeps a guy young at heart. Where exactly, is his shop, or what shop does he work out of?

Geronimo36
09-15-2009, 03:59 PM
give him a buzz!

Ratickle
09-15-2009, 04:13 PM

No post would ever be deleted without an explanation to the poster.

LEOPAJM
09-16-2009, 09:37 AM
No post would ever be deleted without an explanation to the poster.

Hmmmmmmmm ?

Geronimo36
09-16-2009, 10:54 AM
repost it...

fund razor
09-16-2009, 12:15 PM
repost it...

Yes. It must have been a glitch. I can't imagine him posting anything that would need to be deleted, anyway.

Chris
09-16-2009, 01:38 PM
What was it?

Chris
09-16-2009, 02:05 PM

It turns out that I did somehow.

I obviously can't be trusted with mod responsibilities. Nick should be able to restore it. I have a PM into him on it.

fund razor
09-16-2009, 02:45 PM
The Glitch has spoken. :D :D :D

Chris
09-16-2009, 02:46 PM
I hate to admit it but I am a total tech-tard. If it weren't for the admins...

LEOPAJM
09-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Not a big deal guys . . . I'm about as low tech a guy as there is on the computer .

Boat looked great ..... Enjoy the weekend , and don't get Rob and Barbee into too much trouble !

DKwestern
09-16-2009, 02:51 PM
So how much lighter would a boat built today be compared to 1st Mohican? What does this one weigh?

MikeyFIN
09-16-2009, 03:04 PM

A True Soulmate then!!!

Sean Stinson
09-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Somehow I don't see the Saccenti-Blondin soulmate connection.....but hey what do I know!!!!!! LOL

FastDonzi
09-16-2009, 03:11 PM
A True Soulmate then!!!

Well, Not Like That:kiss:

Ratickle
09-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Not a big deal guys . . . I'm about as low tech a guy as there is on the computer .

Boat looked great ..... Enjoy the weekend , and don't get Rob and Barbee into too much trouble !

I rescind my statement. We don't hard delete on purpose without a note to the poster......:blush5:

Reminds me of the time I accidently moderated another moderators post by accident.......:leaving:

LEOPAJM
09-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Somehow I don't see the Saccenti-Blondin soulmate connection.....but hey what do I know!!!!!! LOL

Can't resist ! :sifone:

ChiefApache
09-16-2009, 03:44 PM

You have pictures that nobody even knows exists. :)

boatme
09-16-2009, 04:06 PM
:rofl:

Wow Jerry

that is a picture from my past you must save everything

I forgot about that one

SC288
09-16-2009, 08:25 PM

That would of been myself and Twin Whackas. Thanks again Chris! Maybe next time we will be able to hitch a ride with the man :driving: !

Chris
09-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Good seeing you guys there! Great venue.

Magic Medicine
09-17-2009, 07:45 AM
That would of been myself and Twin Whackas. Thanks again Chris! Maybe next time we will be able to hitch a ride with the man :driving: !

And you guyz call yourself salesman:sifone::sifone::sifone: Just joking. I guess the loud drunk guys gets er done once again!:rofl:

SC288
09-17-2009, 04:28 PM
And you guyz call yourself salesman:sifone::sifone::sifone: Just joking. I guess the loud drunk guys gets er done once again!:rofl:

Hey Billson let's not forget about my multiple 140MPH+ passes in Charlie's 32 Skater (Agitator.) No canopies on that bitc*! :driving:

MikeyFIN
09-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Well, Not Like That:kiss:

Like I Said... a true soulmate...

OneBadInjun
09-18-2009, 08:25 AM
give him a buzz!Why? I not restoring anything. Just thought someone might know, and help him promote his business.:USA:

Magic Medicine
09-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Hey Billson let's not forget about my multiple 140MPH+ passes in Charlie's 32 Skater (Agitator.) No canopies on that bitc*! :driving:

hey I went 140 in Rick's 33 Dayton on the pond so whats your point:sifone::26::driving::rofl:

boatme
09-18-2009, 12:01 PM
this needs to go the the Offshore Joe section LOL I went 200 in a bayliner in the city fountain LOL

Geronimo36
09-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Why? I not restoring anything. Just thought someone might know, and help him promote his business.:USA:

not far from hollywood I presume

boatme
09-25-2009, 08:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKPrLUCdeao

http://youtu.be/xKPrLUCdeao

thought you guys might like to watch this
we were running Lake Michigan on a great rough water day for the Smoke On The Water Poker Run

Magic Medicine
09-25-2009, 08:52 AM
this needs to go the the Offshore Joe section LOL I went 200 in a bayliner in the city fountain LOL

maybe you need to be in the offshore Joe section:seeya:

boatme
09-25-2009, 10:39 AM
maybe you need to be in the offshore Joe section:seeya:

For me that would have to be the MR offshore Joe section :willy_nilly:

Magic Medicine
09-25-2009, 11:53 AM
For me that would have to be the MR offshore Joe section :willy_nilly:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

whatever you say boss:26:

OneBadInjun
10-02-2009, 10:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKPrLUCdeao

thought you guys might like to watch this
we were running Lake Michigan on a great rough water day for the Smoke On The Water Poker RunNice video. But, for the life of me, I could never understand why this Apache/Chief video(and other Apache videos), always incorporate the "Cherokee Nation" song for background music? Am I missing something? :bigear:

Ratickle
10-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Nice video. But, for the life of me, I could never understand why this Apache/Chief video(and other Apache videos), always incorporate the "Cherokee Nation" song for background music? Am I missing something? :bigear:

As OneBadInjun, you're supposed to know the answer.....:sifone:

fund razor
10-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Nice video. But, for the life of me, I could never understand why this Apache/Chief video(and other Apache videos), always incorporate the "Cherokee Nation" song for background music? Am I missing something? :bigear:

It's the words, still relevant today:

They took the whole Cherokee nation
And put us on this reservation
They took away our ways of life
The tomahawk and the bow and knife

They took away our native tongue
And taught their English to our young
And all the beads we made by hand
Are nowadays made in Japan

Cherokee people
Cherokee tribe
So proud to live
So proud to die

They took the whole Indian nation
Locked us on this reservation
And though I wear a shirt and tie
I still part Redman deep inside

Cherokee people
Cherokee tribe
So proud to live
So proud to die

And some day when they've learned
Cherokee Indian will return
Will return will return
Will return will return

ChiefApache
10-02-2009, 11:40 AM

I'm with you!

It should be One Little, Two Little, Three Little Indians.........:sifone:

boatme
10-02-2009, 11:50 AM

You think of something better to play while its runniing ??

How about:

Another one bites the dust by Queen LOL
Or Staying Alive by the Bee Gee's :03::rofl:

Have to change the name of this boat to No Mo Mohican LOL :drool5:

Geronimo36 relax, its a joke LOL

fund razor
10-02-2009, 12:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLocafpLMi0

insanity
10-02-2009, 02:05 PM

Motley Crue - Kickstart my Heart. What goes better with loud boats than loud 80's music?? :sifone:

Geronimo36
10-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Geronimo36 relax, its a joke LOL

It's all good.. If I was to leave a company and it was not on my own terms I'd probably feel the same way! :seeya:

Geronimo36
10-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Motley Crue - Kickstart my Heart. What goes better with loud boats than loud 80's music?? :sifone:

I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree with you on that one!!!! :26:
2zHNcSwx71w

Or, 10,000 fists by Disturbed!! :USA:
ZVinwOpllQk

Lyrics-

Survivor!!
Survivor!!

One more god damn day
When I know what I want
And my want will be considered tonight
(Ah-Ah)
Considered tonight
(Ah-Ah)
Just another day
When all that I want will
Mark me as a sinner tonight
(Ah-Ah)
I'm a sinner tonight
Yeah

People can no longer cover their eyes
If this disturbs you
Then walk away
You will remember
The night you were struck by the sight of
Ten thousand fists in the air

Power un-restrained dead on the mark
Is what we will deliver tonight
(Ah-Ah)
deliver tonight
(Ah-Ah)
Pleasure fused with pain
This triumph of the soul
Will make you shiver tonight
(Ah-Ah)
Will Make you shiver tonight
Yeah

If this disturbs you
Then walk away
You will remember

We are the ones that will open your mind
Leave the weak and haunted behind (x4)

If this disturbs you
Then walk away
You will remember

Geronimo36
10-02-2009, 04:55 PM
another suggestion!
zvoeeq-BH4w

cosmic12
10-02-2009, 05:57 PM
another suggestion!
zvoeeq-BH4w

I think the A.T. Cult has dibbs on that one:)

Ratickle
10-02-2009, 05:58 PM

The first boat named Thunderstruck was a Black Thunder.....:sifone:

Scarab KV
10-02-2009, 06:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLocafpLMi0

Now that sounds like an Eastwood spaghetti western:sifone:

OneBadInjun
10-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Motley Crue - Kickstart my Heart. What goes better with loud boats than loud 80's music?? :sifone: Now your talk'n! lol :USA:

It's all good.. If I was to leave a company and it was not on my own terms I'd probably feel the same way! :seeya:
Oh boy...What company did he leave?

Frequency
10-03-2009, 06:41 PM

How about:

Another one bites the dust by Queen LOL
Or Staying Alive by the Bee Gee's :03::rofl:

This is too funny Marc. Knowing where the boat came from I always thought Cher's "Half Breed" was appropriate background music. :sifone:

boatme
10-03-2009, 08:23 PM

Yea not sure what he is talking about

Geronimo36
10-03-2009, 10:28 PM

it was a generalization, maybe the word 'leave' could have been changed. ;)

boatme: like you say; 'relax, it's a joke'...... ;)

Sean Stinson
10-04-2009, 02:11 AM

I had dibbs on it when the song came out back in the day....Thunderstruck Racing was a company that we messed around with then!!!!

boatme
10-04-2009, 07:17 AM
it was a generalization, maybe the word 'leave' could have been changed. ;)

boatme: like you say; 'relax, it's a joke'...... ;)

I didnt leave

I RAN !!!!!!!!!!!!! :03::03::03:

Sean Stinson
10-04-2009, 09:08 AM
I didnt leave

I RAN !!!!!!!!!!!!! :03::03::03:

:sifone::sifone::sifone:

Geronimo36
10-04-2009, 09:08 AM
now we're talkin symantics. ;)

old377guy
03-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Just relisted at 195k .... a good deal??

Ratickle
03-16-2013, 04:22 AM
Hard to say for me. It is one heck of a boat. One of the guys who lives down on LOTO drove it and said it was one of the best handling boats he's ever driven, period. I remember when it was up here and it ate up the big water with the 41 Saber's.

old377guy
03-16-2013, 11:47 AM
My buddy has been looking and researching Apache for two years or so and the 41 Apache territory covers a lot of ground from 1986? to mid 1990's. Prices from around 90k to 150k. Obviously the Chief is a lot newer and more "modern"; so 195k is in the ballpark??

Ratickle
03-17-2013, 10:04 AM
My honest opinion is yes. I do not believe you could duplicate that boat for double that in new, period.

It has dry sump #6's and 950HP Chief engines, plus MitcherT paint. And that's just the beginning.

old377guy
03-17-2013, 12:41 PM
You are probably right Paul - it's double the price of an old 41 but 1/2 the price of a new Bleckcraft. Here's a bit of offshore/go fast boat heresy from the mind of Jeff --- I really like an understated. crisp, nautical, no-nonsense paint scheme on a boat (any boat) -- I'm not so much for flaming pink feathers, goth/tribal skeltons, ghouls and ghosts nor silly cartoon characters. I'm of the opinion that good, clean lines and intelligent rigging and design carry the day. There, I've likely stepped on the toes of 80% of the offshore world.

Bobcat
03-17-2013, 03:40 PM
I like the Chiefs paint job, but normally I also prefer the all one color and a boot stripe accent...

Offshore Ginger
03-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Wow ............................talk about bringing an old thread ............back to life !!

old377guy
03-17-2013, 08:06 PM
Hey Artie, glad you noticed; any of your input on layup protocol and materials is appreciated. Just don't want to go into the whole Checkmate thing.

old377guy
03-18-2013, 11:39 AM
I'd love to hear Rich's take on this

Ratickle
03-21-2013, 04:19 AM
There, I've likely stepped on the toes of 80% of the offshore world.

Nah, only 75%......

Matthew William
03-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Now don't help him out it was definitely at least 80%

old377guy
03-21-2013, 09:09 PM
I have it on good authority that this Mathew fellow is a blowboater........

Bobcat
03-22-2013, 07:19 AM
That's impossible...he doesn't have a III after his name:D

old377guy
03-22-2013, 11:56 AM
True, Bob. I'm noticing that some 41s are in the 200+ asking price range, I'm guseeing that the exotic powerplants drive up the price considerably.

Ratickle
03-30-2013, 07:47 PM
I have it on good authority that this Mathew fellow is a blowboater........

Now that's a bit rough....

old377guy
03-30-2013, 09:44 PM
My sources are unimpeachable

fund razor
03-31-2013, 07:30 AM
You are probably right Paul - it's double the price of an old 41 but 1/2 the price of a new Bleckcraft. Here's a bit of offshore/go fast boat heresy from the mind of Jeff --- I really like an understated. crisp, nautical, no-nonsense paint scheme on a boat (any boat) -- I'm not so much for flaming pink feathers, goth/tribal skeltons, ghouls and ghosts nor silly cartoon characters. I'm of the opinion that good, clean lines and intelligent rigging and design carry the day. There, I've likely stepped on the toes of 80% of the offshore world.
Missed this when you posted it.
I was the same way, and intended to paint my boat all white.

Until I saw it in person and realized that the paint just worked. But it is abstract.
It is also an original Gail Paik.

But, I was never completely sold by the mural of spears and buffalo.

old377guy
03-31-2013, 01:12 PM
John, we'll know that you've gone over to the dark side when we spy dayglo green and dayglo pink fuzzy dice hanging from your kill switch lanyards.:sifone:

Ratickle
03-31-2013, 01:26 PM
I saw it in person and realized that the paint just worked. But it is abstract.

Strict rule; If it's an original anything from one of our Icons, it can never be changed.....

Buoy
03-31-2013, 01:41 PM
Missed this when you posted it.
I was the same way, and intended to paint my boat all white.

Until I saw it in person and realized that the paint just worked. But it is abstract.

But, I was never completely sold by the mural of spears and buffalo.

Would you PLEASE finally change your av pic to the one of your boat in the water!!!! I think you said it was taken in Maumee Bay, you know which one I'm talking about.

That paint "works" in the water.:)

fund razor
03-31-2013, 08:20 PM
This one?

Buoy
03-31-2013, 08:21 PM
This one?
Yep
She looks great.

Bobcat
03-31-2013, 10:04 PM
It do!

Ratickle
04-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Yes, yes it does.....

But where is the pic of it flying over 10" Erie breakers????

fund razor
04-02-2013, 05:56 AM
Yes, yes it does.....

But where is the pic of it flying over 10" Erie breakers????

We are waiting for the waves to subside to 10"

old377guy
04-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Why wait?:)

Bobcat
04-02-2013, 01:51 PM
I think He missed his chance in January...when the lake was frozen there might have been some 10" ripples in the ice :D

old377guy
04-02-2013, 03:36 PM
you'd need a 43 Punisher to get through the ice

fund razor
04-02-2013, 05:44 PM
you'd need a 43 Punisher to get through the ice

But the ice would do the punishing.

The ice wasn't that bad here this winter. (Or that good?)
They sent an icebreaker down the channel a few weeks ago though.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the nice comments on the pic, guys.
I would have never commissioned a paint job like this. But I can't bear to paint over it.

This thread was already hijacked, right?:huh:

old377guy
04-02-2013, 09:22 PM
yeah, it mighta had something to do with the 42 Chief

Buoy
04-02-2013, 10:06 PM
But the ice would do the punishing.

The ice wasn't that bad here this winter. (Or that good?)
They sent an icebreaker down the channel a few weeks ago though.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the nice comments on the pic, guys.
I would have never commissioned a paint job like this. But I can't bear to paint over it.

This thread was already hijacked, right?:huh:

I wouldn't have commissioned the paint either, unless it was a deal breaker with the wife...
But, in the water it really does look good!
Hijack??
That never happens in any threads I'm on...

Ratickle
04-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Yep, never......

jetcruzr
11-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Here is a recent video of the First Mohican running at TNT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJnBpNPdK6Q&feature=em-upload_owner

jetcruzr
11-15-2013, 10:43 PM
http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq291/jetcruzr/Chief%20Boats/60661776_ChiefJ_zpsde1947d1.jpg (http://s457.photobucket.com/user/jetcruzr/media/Chief%20Boats/60661776_ChiefJ_zpsde1947d1.jpg.html)

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq291/jetcruzr/Chief%20Boats/60661768_000_0339_zps0621456c.jpg (http://s457.photobucket.com/user/jetcruzr/media/Chief%20Boats/60661768_000_0339_zps0621456c.jpg.html)

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq291/jetcruzr/Chief%20Boats/52195531_000_0010_zpse172e298.jpg (http://s457.photobucket.com/user/jetcruzr/media/Chief%20Boats/52195531_000_0010_zpse172e298.jpg.html)

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq291/jetcruzr/Chief%20Boats/60661790_MiamiBoatshow2006076_zps12d5a077.jpg (http://s457.photobucket.com/user/jetcruzr/media/Chief%20Boats/60661790_MiamiBoatshow2006076_zps12d5a077.jpg.html)

Photos Courtesy of Pappo

torrent
11-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Very cool boat! How does it run overall?

Serious News
08-04-2014, 10:05 AM
Only 8 hours to go on the ebay listing. So far 12 bids and reserve not met.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/42-Chief-Powerboat-950-EFI-Motors-apache-cigarette-fountain-outerlimits-boat-/301259940690?forcerrptr=true&hash=item46247de352&item=301259940690&pt=Power_Motorboats

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww310/ptrose/IMG_0639.jpg

Serious News
08-05-2014, 08:42 AM
This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

2006 Chief Warrior
42 Chief Powerboat 950 EFI Motors

http://www.ebay.com/itm/42-Chief-Powerboat-950-EFI-Motors-apache-cigarette-fountain-outerlimits-boat-/301259940690?forcerrptr=true&hash=item46247de352&item=301259940690&pt=Power_Motorboats