PDA

View Full Version : Lake of the ozarks national races

indyracegirl
09-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Lake of the Ozarks OSS Nationals

NEW this year at LOTO, SPEED RUNS!!

Well it's that time of year again; the Lake of the Ozarks (LOTO) OSS Nationals are fast approaching. Once again the beautiful backdrop of central Missouri's Ozarks Mountains will rumble with sounds of big power and fast boats as the Offshore Super Series Powerboat Racing Association (OSS) teams up with the Offshore Performance Association (OPA) for a weekend of racing Sept. 25-27, 2009. OSS Chairman of the Board, Ray Contreras said, "We are very excited about OPA coming to the lake and sharing the water with us. I'm sure they will have a new favorite race site after seeing how nice the lake is and friendly everyone is at LOTO."
Something new for LOTO this year will be the addition of OSS Speed Runs. The Speed Runs will be similar to a drag, two boats running side by side in a contest for “Top Gun” bragging rights as the fastest boat in its class. The Speed Runs will be open to any Teams providing their boat conforms to the OSS Spec class rulebook. OSS Chief Referee, Mike Tomlinson said, “I’m sure that the Speed Runs will be very popular with both the Teams and Fans and I see them becoming part of a regular race weekend next year. After all, LOTO was where we started our current heat style racing and it’s become a fan favorite.” At the time of this writing the OSS Speed Runs will be held on Saturday afternoon September 26.

This will be a double points race for OSS Teams as they fight for the National Titles. Ellen Greenleaf, Event / Media Director for OSS said, "Since the points are so close for this last race of the 2009 season, we expect a very good turn out. I think almost everyone has a mathematical chance to place in their class. We are co-hosting, with our OSS Cares Charities and the Central Missouri's Boys and Girls Club, some local children and their families over the weekend for VIP treatment at the race."
This year the race can be viewed from either Shady Gator's or The Horny Toad Complex. Merlyn Vandervort of the Toad Resort complex said "The fastest boats in the world competing head to head for the National Title, there is nothing else like it; it's like NASCAR* on the open water. The Offshore Super Series National Championship Powerboat Race is without question, the biggest event to ever come to the Lake of the Ozarks." The boats will be on the water from 11 AM to 4 PM on Saturday for testing and the OSS Pro Am Teams will hold their National Championship that afternoon. Sunday racing starts at 12 noon for an afternoon of heat style racing. General Admission is free for both days and there are still some VIP Packages still available. Contact Ashton Leslie at 573-365-5620 for your VIP Package.

The Racer's Packet is available for download at www.offshoresuperseries.com and clicking on Racers' Resources. There you will find information on the area’s Host Hotels in the accommodations section of the packet, make sure you mention the OSS LOTO Race when you book your rooms. For more information on this race, please visit www.ossnationals.com or contact John Brunner, OSS Director of Operations at 817-845-4938

The OSS is a not for profit association dedicated to the advancement of the further development and growth of offshore powerboat racing in North America. For more information visit www.offshoresuperseries.com

NASCAR* is a registered trademark of National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing

RPM
09-11-2009, 07:20 AM
That's awesome Ellen. Can't wait to see ya!

Pete B
09-15-2009, 03:09 PM
LOTO is a great site to go to.

TYPHOON
09-16-2009, 07:21 PM
I stayed in a house behind the Toad. There was 3-5 homes that they rented out but I cant remember the name or number of the agency. Does anyone remember or know? I think they were call teaky hut 1-5
MD