PDA

View Full Version : 25 Outlaws - where do you set your tabs when running?

mpally
09-09-2009, 10:16 PM
We have a 25 Outlaw with a 502 mag. We are running a right-handed 22 Bravo I. I am curious where everyone sets the tabs when running. We are at LOTO, so it's usually pretty rough. With a normal load, I usually have the port tab about halfway down on the indicator and the starboard a little less than that. I also have to turn the wheel a bit to the starboard to run straight. Is this consistent with the other 25 Outlaws?

danh63
09-15-2009, 11:11 AM
I usually have the port down also depending on who is in the boat and the other all the way up it all depends on the water conditions. On turning the wheel I don't have that problem

Ratickle
09-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Are you positive your indicator is adjusted correctly?

MOBILEMERCMAN
09-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Many boats need more port tab. The motor rotates to the left. I personally prefer a left hand prop on single motors.

yesrej
09-15-2009, 02:55 PM
yes i have to use some port tab and yes i have to turn the wheel a little.

cigdaze
09-15-2009, 03:17 PM
I rarely, if ever, used the tabs on my 25 Outlaw. That boat had enough hook in it that tabs were wholly unnecessary in all but the roughest of conditions - in which case I would drop them to neutral or maybe one notch past neutral. I never really noticed any prop torque effects on that boat, I though it rode level inherently. On occasion if I was dealing with a stiff cross wind or some nasty quartering seas I would drop one or the other depending on direction.

Outlaw25
04-02-2010, 09:43 AM
yes i have to use some port tab and yes i have to turn the wheel a little.
Same here.