PDA

View Full Version : New mod for the truck.

buck
09-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Put one of these on my 2003 F-250 these afternoon.

http://www.titanfueltanks.com/

I planned to take pics of the install and give feedback but forgot my camera at home. :( I have another one to put on for a customer this Saturday that I will take pics of.

I've had a few requests for the product off and on for some time now but haven't followed through with it. I didn't think there was enough demand in my area for the product to justify the buy-in.

I'll get some pics of this Saturday's install and post them here. I'll also provide feedback on the quality and performance of the product as time goes by. So far I like what I see.

Buck

MOBILEMERCMAN
09-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Thanks Buck, I too have a '03 250. Keep us posted.

Quinlan
09-10-2009, 08:36 AM
I put one on my 3500 chevy. 55 gal because I have long bed. Love it. Dont have to stop every 200 miles now.
Only thing I have noticed is that there is still 10+ gal of fuel left when you get to empty.
I called factory at first n told them they shipped me smaller tank. He just laughed.

buck
09-12-2009, 11:36 PM
Today's appt with customer fell through. He had a car show that came up out of the blue.

Hope to get him scheduled in some time this week so I can follow up with this thread.

Quinlan, I would be interested to know the cause if your inability to use the remaining fuel. Kinda defeats the purpose for your investment if you still have 10 gallons left in there.

I know my fuel pick up had to be slightly modified to fit the new tank. Mine was too long and didn't allow the fuel sending unit to sit all the way down in the tank. Basically had to use a small pipe cutter to cut off about 1/2" of the pick up. They indicated this was a problem on SOME Fords. I couldn't figure out why some would be a problem and some wouldn't.

I wonder if yours is just the opposite? Maybe it needs lengthened or modified in some way?

Based off what we were seeing it looks as though my pick up sits right on the bottom of the tank. I can't honestly say if I'm having problems or not due to the fact that I'm still on the first fill up. Given the amount of miles I put on in a normal week, I would say it's gonna be several days if not longer before I know. I put less than 1,000 miles a month on mine.

Will keep updating....

Buck

09-13-2009, 02:01 PM
I used a Transfer-flow http://www.transferflow.com/ford_fuel_tank_systems.html tank to take my capacity from 32 to 44 gallons. (I have a 06' F-350 shortbox). No complications with install and I can run it down to the fumes if needed.

I sure like having to make less trips to the gas station, my range is close to 600 miles now. All the fuel computer stuff works except the range with has to recalculate at about the 5/8ths full mark.

It is still a PITA to get the last 7-8 gallons of diesel in the tank though. :cuss:

Scarab KV
09-13-2009, 03:22 PM
The longer the tank the less usable fuel. Even more with rectangular vs round. You don't want the pick up right on bottom due to water and contaminants that settle on the bottom of the tank. Our Pete's run 150 gallon tanks. Some are long narrow tanks, the others are wider shorter tanks. The longer tanks have about 15 less usable gallons per tank vs the shorter. The tanks on my Pete are 180's. The pick ups are 3-4" off bottom, so I only have about 150 usable per tank.

Quinlan
09-13-2009, 08:43 PM
I am not saying I cant use it. Just when the needle gets to E - I fill up. Just think the needle dosent know its in there.
Been wanting to push it. One of these days I will throw a 5 gal in the back and hit the highway!