PDA

View Full Version : OPA rally

TYPHOON
09-09-2009, 08:11 PM
To all the boats that are attending the Point race we are going to have a blast. The 40th running of this race makes it one of the oldest race sites in the country. I called around today to see who was racinging in class 5 and other classes. I was shocked to here that some of the OPA teams were racing in NY instead of Point. For those of you that dont understand how this works let me open your eyes. NO org. can put on races if they dont know when there teams will show!!!!! OPA has given you all racing with no entry fees and a small anuall due so that you all can have a place to race your boats in the local north east. OPA has worked a boat load of hours and there staff which works for free has dedicated there time so that YOU can have a place to race. To me and me only thats a slap in the face if you dont race in Point and race in NY. OPA has always said race where you want but in my opinion that means race with family first and if you have free time go race where ever you want. Take hard look at who has supported you over the years and the damage you will be doing by not racing in Point. Its called being selfish and useing the race org. You may not like what I am writting and its my opinion only but this is what demoralizes race producers.
Randy

SVL66
09-09-2009, 09:03 PM
I agree...I would have raced NY too, if it was a different weekend. I have committed to PP and thats where I'll be. NY sounds like it will have a strong showing this year. Unfortunately, we can't be in 2 places at once. see y'all in Point.

Fast Shafts
09-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Well said Randy!

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Thank you Randy !

I would like to reflect back to Camden with these images. Does anyone remember the generosity that came with that event to make the racing affordable ?

Not to mention these die hard medics that are there for you every time you need them.

This is their home town event.

I sure hope many take all the years of their dedication as well as the NJOPRA & OPA STAFF into consideration.

NO ENTRY FEES was not set up so that you can afford to blow all of the savings at one race in NY. If it was a different weekend fine, but to walk away from OPA in a time when they need you the most is just a slap in the face as Randy said.

Today their is a place to run in the North East. With full support from all of the OPA Racers there will be a place to race here next year.

Fragment it, and it will all just fall apart once again and history will repeat itself...

I am sure some teams have a reasonable reason for running there and I can forgive them for those certain reasons, but to race in NY for the sake of racing in NY is not a good enough reason as far as I am concerned.

That's my opinion and hope many will be in Point Pleasant Beach to support their home Organization.

Thank you !

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v6/p1061388821-3.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p729872637-3.jpg

Louietherigger
09-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Randy couldn't have said it better, "Strictly Business" will be at the Point to race. We are an OPA team this is the OPA race and its a Historic one to boot. A lot of important stuff has transpired this year in Offshore and it would be a shame to go backwards. A crappy economy hasn't beaten us, Hurricanes haven't beaten us, and the OPA has maintained no race entry fee's through all of this. The only thing that strong enough to beat us is ourselves. If NYC was a different weekend we would race it ourselves, buts it not and that is that.
See our teams this weekend,
Louie

PS We are going there to race and win! So watch out Home town Jersey Boyz.

Louietherigger
09-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Hey Tim,
I'm sure there was some better shots of me LMAO. That was an awesome time in Camden and we knew that the OPA was where we were gonna race.
One thing, about a reason for going to NYC instead of Point? There is none. One of our sponsors said we want to go to NYC, I said thats cool, go and let me know how it is. The team he supports is racing in Point Pleasant, they booked there rooms at the Point yesterday. We don't race boats cause were sissy's and can get yanked by the nose.
Thanks Louie

PS you got any pics of us holding the Checkered Flag at Camden? OH YEAH!
Or better yet the big plaque with the guns on it.

1waterboy1
09-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Well said Randy.Smitty and everyone at OPA has worked hard over the last five years to provide all of us a great place to race.The OPA staff is made up of volunteers who do what they do because they love the sport.OPA has supported the racers by offering fantastic race sites,no entry fees and perks like the GEICO Triple Crown.OPA has a solid foundation in place that will continue to get better and better.I know there are some great things in the works for 2010 and beyond!There are also many people with NJOPRA and NJPPC putting forth a tremendous effort to make this race the best it can be despite some difficult circumstances.As you said,we need to rally the OPA teams to get as many boats as possible to Point Pleasant and put on a great race for the fans,sponsors and volunteers.See everyone this weekend!

Mark H.

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Randy couldn't have said it better, "Strictly Business" will be at the Point to race. We are an OPA team this is the OPA race and its a Historic one to boot. A lot of important stuff has transpired this year in Offshore and it would be a shame to go backwards. A crappy economy hasn't beaten us, Hurricanes haven't beaten us, and the OPA has maintained no race entry fee's through all of this. The only thing that strong enough to beat us is ourselves. If NYC was a different weekend we would race it ourselves, buts it not and that is that.
See our teams this weekend,
Louie

PS We are going there to race and win! So watch out Home town Jersey Boyz.I picked that one because it showed the most yellow jackets... ;)

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v5/p987006119-3.jpg

Pete B
09-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Good to see their is some good common sense, wish I could make it. look forward to seeing some pics. good luck and be safe.

F1-00 Racing
09-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Randy,

I'm being serious when I say nice post. Unfortunatly for 19 years the New York race has scheduled on the second weekend in September. The Point has only been on this weekend for approx 3 years. Remember 2003, we raced Point at its normally scheduled spot of the 3rd Friday in August? We also raced NYC that year. Funny thing is, one of my most frightfull memories comes from you in NYC that year, the class you were holding on how to prevent skidmarks in your drawers.

In speaking to Jeff and Lorie McCann(promotors of Morehead) I asked them if there was any way that their race could be moved as to not conflict with Cambridge, since Cambridge was established before Morehead. The response I recieved made a lot of sense and I think more than likely applies to the point race, was that the particular weekend of the race was the only weekend approved by the city of Morehead. This creates a bad situation as both the Point and Morehead are wonderful sites, but they were scheduled on top of existing race dates which causes this issue that you speak of. If Point was scheduled back in August as it has been for 37 of the 40 year run, we wouldnt be caught in this scenario. Unfortunatly, it is what it is and as I have said numorous times Smitty has built a hell of a program and I am sure the Point this year will be a great race as it always has. Be safe and good luck to you.

Trent

Ratickle
09-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Nice thread and conversation from all........

Maybe next year.

TYPHOON
09-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks Trent. My point is support the org. that supports you all year first and if there is a race in between then go race where ever you want. Races stacked on top of each other is a whole differant post.
MD

F1-00 Racing
09-10-2009, 12:47 PM
I was shocked to here that some of the OPA teams were racing in NY instead of Point. Randy

I understand but as you see by your quote in your initial post, if the races werent stacked then there wouldnt be a case to question someones loyality.

You and I both know that we can go for days with our beliefs and opinions and at the end achomplish nothing, like we always have. My feeling is that if Point wasnt scheduled the same weekend as NYC then this thread wouldnt have even been created as to question a teams loyality. You said it yourself.

Bottom line is the racers have caused offshore racing to be in the state that its in. I for one and maybe this is something we can agree to, if a problem is created, I try to find solutions, not whine about it. No matter at the end of the day, you have proven your loyalty, whether its right, wrong, or indifferent to whatever the cause is and all racers admire you for that. Hell I wish my dog was as loyal as you are. It just seems that whoever has the treat gets his loyality. Maybe a lot of racers are like that as well, you never know.

It is what it is...........

Fast Shafts
09-10-2009, 01:11 PM
You dance with who brought you!

DaveP
09-10-2009, 04:39 PM
I would like to thank all of the teams that are coming to Pt. Pleasant this weekened for their support.

* We have a great dry & wet pits setup
* Parties Friday and Saturday night at Jenkinsons
* One of the safest race courses Sunday with 40 support boats including 6 Med Boats, 6 Dive Boats and 2 divers in a helo.

See you this weekend!

Dave Patnaude
Director Water Ops
NJ Offshore Powerboat Racing Association

Geronimo36
09-10-2009, 05:14 PM
I understand but as you see by your quote in your initial post, if the races werent stacked then there wouldnt be a case to question someones loyality.

You and I both know that we can go for days with our beliefs and opinions and at the end achomplish nothing, like we always have. My feeling is that if Point wasnt scheduled the same weekend as NYC then this thread wouldnt have even been created as to question a teams loyality. You said it yourself.

Bottom line is the racers have caused offshore racing to be in the state that its in. I for one and maybe this is something we can agree to, if a problem is created, I try to find solutions, not whine about it. No matter at the end of the day, you have proven your loyalty, whether its right, wrong, or indifferent to whatever the cause is and all racers admire you for that. Hell I wish my dog was as loyal as you are. It just seems that whoever has the treat gets his loyality. Maybe a lot of racers are like that as well, you never know.

It is what it is...........

Ok, so I'm sure I'll get chit for speaking my mind but here it goes...:lurk5:

It's the same chit different day... Last year it was a few select few cheerleading and trying to convince the SBI guys to come to Pt. Pleasant instead of NYC... yadda yadda yadda... yawn........

You can say support the org you race with but that's not the root of the issue in my humble opinon.

Pt. Pleasant race was ALWAYS 2nd week in July for as long as I can remember... That was until the townspeople started complaining about having an event during peak season.... Then for a few years the Pt. race was in May (maybe even June a few times?) but the weather was always dicey (foggy)....Now it's the same weekend as NYC. If I didn't know any better I would think OPA purposely scheduled the race that weekend but I know that's not the case.

I love OPA and it's my favorite organization but I happen to agree with F1-00....

I have been attending both races since I was a little kid as a spectator. Now I'm forced to make a choice between the two. A choice I'd rather not make because I'd rather go see them both but my choice may actually be NEITHER..:(

In the future I say take a look at it from an outsiders perspective and figure out a way to schedule the races on weekends that don't conflict... I think we'll all be much happier... :driving:

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-10-2009, 05:37 PM
This might make a decision easier for some. :sifone:

If you want to watch Offshore boats in the river go to NY.

If you want to watch Offshore boats catching major air in the OCEAN, come to Point Pleasant Beach on Sunday Sept 13th. Winds blowing North East & East most of the week will certainly leave a great ground swell for Sunday's race.

And I will point this out as well.

Be advised, Jenkinsons is closing the water off to swimmers during the race to allow the race to be kept as close to the beach that is permitted by the Coast Guard.

Also, I'm not making any promises but I personally put in a request to have the boats leave the Inlet on plane.

Good news is they are looking into it. So there just might be a possibility. But it is always the final call up to the Coast Guard even if they say yes today, depending on the conditions of the day they have the right to say no.

Keep your fingers crossed and be at the Inlet. Hopefully we get the go ahead....

TYPHOON
09-10-2009, 07:59 PM
It's easyer to ask for foregiveness than permission. :26: look out inlet.
MD

SVL66
09-10-2009, 08:10 PM
MD

you would know about that for sure:26:

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-10-2009, 08:19 PM
MDAs a Dive Chopper we will be sure to be at the mouth of the inlet waiting for everyone to depart safely...

Going to make for some great photos.... :)

DaveP
09-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Also, I'm not making any promises but I personally put in a request to have the boats leave the Inlet on plane.

Good news is they are looking into it. So there just might be a possibility. But it is always the final call up to the Coast Guard even if they say yes today, depending on the conditions of the day they have the right to say no.

Keep your fingers crossed and be at the Inlet. Hopefully we get the go ahead....

That has already been handled with the USCG :sifone:

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-11-2009, 07:36 AM
That has already been handled with the USCG :sifone:

Cool !!! :sifone:

Wave forecast so far:

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p846681790.jpg

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-11-2009, 07:44 AM
For anyone running on the Hudson this weekend beware !!!
After a week of heavy winds and rain the Hudson will certainly be an obstacle course of large trees, pilings and anything else that floats off the banks from up river when the water levels rise..

Becareful!

Imax
09-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Just got home from work, turns out the racers party for the NYC race was at the Hard Rock in Times Square, just accross Broadway from my restaurant Got to see a few people I know...

Would have rather seen you all in Point Pleasant :huh:

Thats where I'll be this Sunday, look forward seeing everyone else there :seeya:

imax

Geronimo36
09-12-2009, 01:13 PM
winds have calmed and the surf is dwindling, should be a good race tomorrow.

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-13-2009, 08:35 AM
We are a path to a great day of racing. Sunny clear skies today with temp being around 80.

Seas should be just enough for some good air shots.

I will be in the AIR today pulling double duty. Spotter for the Angel ONE Divers and secondly my coverage.

I'll be back tonight. Have a great day all.

I know I will.....:drink:

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p642099644-5.jpg

imco offshore
09-13-2009, 03:03 PM
tim do you have any results yet , thanks george jr

Whoz Your Daddy
09-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Point was awesome Great time had by all

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-13-2009, 10:57 PM
tim do you have any results yet , thanks george jr
Sorry George,

I assumed Jeff was taking the reins on that as he has in the past few events.

He was advertising Helicopter Photos and that his thread was going to be UPDATED DAILY...

Point Pleasant offshore Grand Prix By Freeze Frame These photos From 2008 Point This Will Be Updated Every Day All Helicopter Photos and pits will be here see you at the race jeff

It appears he decided to leave the Point Pleasant Beach race site and did not cover the Race. Had we known he had the left, we could have had someone else post the results.

I just got into my office and processing my images now.

I am sure Smitty can chime in with the results soon.

For now, Fast Shafts has posted this:

Class6
1) Wazzup Jr.
2) Cotner Trailers
3) Lock'd Up
Class 5
1) Specialized Racing
2) Whos your Daddy
3) Typhoon
Class 4
1) Fast Company
2) Simply Awesome
3) Nuwave Marine
Class 3
1) Wanted
2) Bull on the Beach
Class V
1) Wazzup
2) Strictly Business
3) Bad Boy
Class
1) Cleveland Construction
2) Lightening Jacks

These are off the top of my head-think I gottem right.

glassdave
09-14-2009, 12:53 AM
Just got home from work, turns out the racers party for the NYC race was at the Hard Rock in Times Square, just accross Broadway from my restaurant Got to see a few people I know...

Would have rather seen you all in Point Pleasant :huh:

Thats where I'll be this Sunday, look forward seeing everyone else there :seeya:

imax

Thanks for the hospitality at the restaurant Bruce, your staff is second to none. We had a great time in the City Friday night and good to see ya in the Point :cool:

Louietherigger
09-14-2009, 01:43 AM
Thank You to The entire staff that has put the Point Pleasant Race together.
It was awesome and a great time. It would be great if The Point Race and NYC race were on different weekends we would love to attend both. What also would be great is if the NYC race cost us racers the same to race as the Point did. I don't want to stir the pot but there are some questions I have about the race dates and some odds and ends. I know as a promoter of a race site I know that the cities often dictate what weekend a race can be held and there are so many other events that it gets very narrow. The last time I raced at NYC I was told there wouldn't be any rescue copters due to 9-11, I asked why don't they move the race to a different date for safety's sake? Didn't get an answer. Later after speaking with an authority I was told that there is no issue with copters flying and site seeing copters are up everyday. We raced with out them and luckily we didnt need one. I made a choice where I race this weekend or should i say 5 years ago and thats with the OPA. We are never questioned or told we cannot race with other organizations, does that hold true for all our fellow racers. Lets hope we can get the dates to miss each other and we can work on " United We Race" .

Louie

F1-00 Racing
09-14-2009, 06:54 AM
What also would be great is if the NYC race cost us racers the same to race as the Point did.

We are never questioned or told we cannot race with other organizations, does that hold true for all our fellow racers.

Louie

Concerning cost, when Billy made his arrangement with JC, did anyone from OPA think to call and make a similar deal?(serious question, I really dont know the answer) If I remember right, the option was for any OSS teams to race w/o paying fees.

I can only speak for myself, but in 2007 when I chose to race Chattanooga, I was speaking to JC directly about something and the Chat subject came up. He said,"Have a great time, be safe, and show those P4 guys how its done" Unfortunatly I wasnt allowed to run Class 4, but thats neither here nor there and in the past. I have no clue as to what is said to other racers as I am not privey to every conversation JC has, but to me sounds like the answer to you question is yes, racing where you want applies to all SBI racers, wasnt "National Guard" in Patchague?

Your exactly right and hopefully in the years to come Point will be moved back to its original dates or at least to non conflicting dates and as I said in previous posts on this thread, no one from OPA will have their loyalities questioned ever again. Thats the tactics of the former OSS, but it does seem that the new OSS has changed its approach.

Best to you Louie and good luck/be safe wherever you race,

Trent

imco offshore
09-14-2009, 09:11 AM
Concerning cost, when Billy made his arrangement with JC, did anyone from OPA think to call and make a similar deal?(serious question, I really dont know the answer) If I remember right, the option was for any OSS teams to race w/o paying fees.

I can only speak for myself, but in 2007 when I chose to race Chattanooga, I was speaking to JC directly about something and the Chat subject came up. He said,"Have a great time, be safe, and show those P4 guys how its done" Unfortunatly I wasnt allowed to run Class 4, but thats neither here nor there and in the past. I have no clue as to what is said to other racers as I am not privey to every conversation JC has, but to me sounds like the answer to you question is yes, racing where you want applies to all SBI racers, wasnt "National Guard" in Patchague?

Your exactly right and hopefully in the years to come Point will be moved back to its original dates or at least to non conflicting dates and as I said in previous posts on this thread, no one from OPA will have their loyalities questioned ever again. Thats the tactics of the former OSS, but it does seem that the new OSS has changed its approach.

Trent

trent you are right we were welcomed to race with sbi , if we paid to race in another racing saction body, so i lobbied real hard to get as many as i could come to sarasota we had 5 svl,s , however if you look at the website we were not documented . the last place boat is credited with the win? when i questioned it ? answer was, you can race if you pay entry fee and riders fees , 1475.00 but won,t be scored, now i,m trying to get people to come to clearwater , and they are all looking at me crosseyed. some of us cant afford to pay all the differant org fees (3 or 4) it would be about 10,000 dollars without even starting a race. so we are forced to look at a schedule that we can afford to run and make our decision. i don,t beleive the problem is the racers ( well there is 2 or 3 ) i think the people at the top need to figure out how to ? i know it can be done because i was at an opa race in patchog, it had a great site , promoter,fans,venders, and the teams pay a very nominal equiptment fee , and race all year without ever laying out another dollar,and win big purses. , PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE i know the usualls are going to chime in an d go into defence attact mode, this is not a smash , i think it is the time of the year to look foward towards next year, and come up with some solutions, and every one will be the winner. thanks trent george jr.

F1-00 Racing
09-14-2009, 12:10 PM
George,

After reading a couple of times I think I understand your point, but would really unfair for me to speak for others as I am sure there is another side to this scenario. I will be making some phone calls in order to get to the bottom of this situation and I will either give you a buzz or send you the results. I have a good idea already, but as I said I will not speak for others.

Cut me some slack on the time frame as everyone is still out of town getting ready for the Morehead race this weekend coming up, but I will do my best to get answers in a timely basis for you.

Trent

MOBILEMERCMAN
09-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Well since it has been previously High Jacked I will chime in too.

Trent, I understand The agreement that was made for pro rated equipment fees teams not getting National points. That is what it is. The part that gets me is the results from the race do not even reflect what happened. I recall seeing the teams added to the roster list before the results were posted. Now that time has pasted it was if we were not even there. No points is ok , but We should at least see the results of how everyone finished posted. They clearly enjoy seeing us in the list of Teams.

imco offshore
09-14-2009, 12:22 PM
George,

After reading a couple of times I think I understand your point, but would really unfair for me to speak for others as I am sure there is another side to this scenario. I will be making some phone calls in order to get to the bottom of this situation and I will either give you a buzz or send you the results. I have a good idea already, but as I said I will not speak for others.

Cut me some slack on the time frame as everyone is still out of town getting ready for the Morehead race this weekend coming up, but I will do my best to get answers in a timely basis for you.

Trent

it,s all good i,m not crying about it , i,m hoping we can come up with a solution so ALL org,s can show up with a big boat count like the old days. :USA:

Coach
09-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Trent,

Work your magic..., I'm working on accommodations for teams in SVL, and any teams that are not fortunate enough this season, to have major sponsorship contributors. We can take a huge step forward (as a sport) in Clearwater, by having as many participate as possible.

The cameras are rolling, but that's half the story in Clearwater...

Coach

PS: PM, if your team is sitting on the fence and could enter Clearwater with a little help...

F1-00 Racing
09-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Jim,

I just want to get this straight b4 I go and open up a can of worms, all you guys desire is the results to reflect the actual result? Also is it ok that Vortec even though as being listed in last place show that he is awarded the 500 points with him being a member? I can not make promises but I just want to be clear as to what you and George desire.

George,

I never took you as crying and believe me I am no Frank, nor pull the weight that he does or have anybodies ear as he does, but I am not afraid to call anyone and get answers. All I can do is ask and repond to you with my results of the inquiry.

Ray,

Is I had so much magic, I would be out there racing with my friends in stead of sitting behind this keyboard. I have said time and time again that each association has fleas, each team just needs to pick the one that they feel has the least and go race and have fun. In order to bring this sport to the next level, all differences need to be put aside and we need to suck in our guts, but unfortunatly that will never happen as there are too many self serving teams and the egoes will not allow it. Even though I have lived in several places in my lifetime, I am originally from Charlotte which we all know what is based there in motorsports. It came from moonshiners to where it is now, why cant our sport come from drug runners to a new plateau? I can dream, but I am just one person, I cant fix this sport, all of us as racers can.

Trent

MOBILEMERCMAN
09-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Trent.
I don't think it is necessary to open a can of worms. It is what it is. I looked at the standings and have no issue. I looked at the results and it is just a list. I assumed results would show the finish order. It does not in SVL.

I enjoyed the event. And appreciate that we were given the opportunity to run with you guys. Thank You.

Coach,
Thanks for thinking of SVL. My season is over at the end of this month. Surgery Oct 5.

Ratickle
09-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Coach,
Thanks for thinking of SVL. My season is over at the end of this month. Surgery Oct 5.

Gonna be well by November ?????????:sifone: :sifone: :sifone: (Can of Worms).

Dunbar 104
09-14-2009, 03:34 PM
How races do most racers want in a year anyway?

F1-00 Racing
09-14-2009, 03:49 PM
The part that gets me is the results from the race do not even reflect what happened.

I looked at the standings and have no issue.

Jim,

I am not trying to start something with you, but it is quite frustrating to be told there is an issue, then oops nah its ok, dont worry about it. I am willing to make the calls and try my best to make you happy. You have a valid concern, you and I with our trained eyes know that a boat finishing 3-4 laps vs every other team finishing every lap how it played out, but the general public looks at that and would think that Bruce and Randy finished in second. As I said in a previous post, if there is a problem, I do my best to find a solution.

What you just did in the above quotes was just about what most racers do, they complain, but dont want it fixed cause if everything was fixed they wouldnt have something to *itch about.

Sorry for the rant and I dont mean any ill will, but I am sure you can see my frustration.

I will let it go, but I seriously mean this, if IMCO or any other team has an issue or problem, I more than likely wont be able to fix, but I am willing to stick my neck out their for any racer and try to get answers as to the reason why which could help that team and/or racer go forward.

Trent

MOBILEMERCMAN
09-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Standings and Results are two different things.

I don't want to you to stick your neck out for me. Thank you. It would be nice though if results reflected what happened. Progressive won not Vortec.

imco offshore
09-14-2009, 04:48 PM
trent thanks, in my post i said ( i think the uppers need to help,} in you last words to ray ( you think the racers can fix it ) i wish there was something we all could do. b ut we are forced to choose one or pay up. my point is i think there is a medium here, who is willing to make the first step. would it make sence to squeez 5000 dollars out of 15 teams and have a barely got away with it show, or get 3000 dollars out of 40 teams and have the new era show. it,s only so long we are going to get away with 12 / 15 boat shows, right now the cities don.t know any better, it,s been going on so long they think that it is normal. thanks again george jr.

Ratickle
09-14-2009, 07:12 PM
How races do most racers want in a year anyway?

I've always looked at 8 plus Nationals, plus Worlds for the perfect season. That basically gives you a race every other weekend for the entire late spring/summer/early fall, plus Worlds.

But I've only experienced a season like that while motorcycle racing. Easier to get around than towing a boat.

Louietherigger
09-14-2009, 10:32 PM

Trent

Thanks Trent,
After our last race in Cambridge I am gonna run an OSS Race in LOTO with Ryan Beckley, OPA President Ed Smith told me have fun , be careful and Ryan is a great guy and a great racer. I am hoping to see Billy there and further push for the continuity that has been developing with the Orgs. Keeping in touch and keeping communications open is key so that race dates don't continue to hit the same weekends. I have to commend him on the breaking of bread with the SBI after leaving there kind of abruptly, I'm just confused about the reasoning behind the change of heart, Former OSS Pres. Ron Polli put a ton of effort into joining forces at race sites and Point Pleasant was one of them as was Patchogue, N.Y. yet certain teams silently boycotted this, well my hand goes out to the teams that raced. Thank you, Louie

Sean H
09-14-2009, 11:05 PM
I've always looked at 8 plus Nationals, plus Worlds for the perfect season. That basically gives you a race every other weekend for the entire late spring/summer/early fall, plus Worlds.

But I've only experienced a season like that while motorcycle racing. Easier to get around than towing a boat.

A race a month from March to November is 9, that is 7 plus nationals and worlds. Gives you plenty of time for travel, repairs, setup changes, testing and sometimes just a break from it all.

You see what happens when races get to close to each other, teams start staying home picking one or another. The back to backs and even the every other weekend become a bit to much unless you have nothing else to do except travel and race, not that there would be anything wrong with that. :sifone:

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-15-2009, 02:24 AM
Dave,

Thanks for the support !

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p208860316-4.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p226594774-4.jpg

I need to catch some Z's.

Hopefully when I wake up all of the Cleveland Construction Images will be in the gallery.

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/opappbclevelandconst

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-15-2009, 02:43 AM
Just what you have been waiting for Dave ! :sifone:

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p234033628-4.jpg

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-15-2009, 02:52 AM
http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p253468306-4.jpg

Geronimo36
09-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Neutral drives, neutral tabs, boat is flying level = excellent work Dave!!!!

Whoz Your Daddy
09-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Great shots tim.

TYPHOON
09-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Tim I can almost tell you what pitch the are running. :26: Nice shots
MD

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks ! :sifone:

I could have frozen the prop but it just was not the look I was going for...
This was a bit trickier to do..... ;)

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Others that rallied on to Point:

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p687514468-4.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p828404487-4.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p1024790672-5.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p925278033-4.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p875921027-4.jpg

imco offshore
09-15-2009, 09:00 PM
great shots

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-15-2009, 09:09 PM
great shots

THANK YOU !

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p488700775-4.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p291884994-4.jpg

glassdave
09-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Neutral drives, neutral tabs, boat is flying level = excellent work Dave!!!!

equals LET 'ER EAT!! :D . . . . great day to put everything in neutral except the trans and put the sticks in the kitchen :cool:

Awesome awesome shots Shark! Ed asked me what the fuel pressure was and i had to tell him i forgot . . . . now i know :D

Yo da man Tim!!

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-15-2009, 09:18 PM
http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p472661665-4.jpg

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-15-2009, 09:21 PM
:cool:
Awesome awesome shots Shark! Ed asked me what the fuel pressure was and i had to tell him i forgot . . . . now i know :D

Yo da man Tim!!

Thanks Dave !!!

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p294498947-4.jpg

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-15-2009, 09:24 PM
http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p412109454-4.jpg

GoFastSonic
09-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Tim: Awesome shots of Whoz Your Daddy. Doris

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Tim: Awesome shots of Whoz Your Daddy. Doris

Thank you !

Night & Day difference from Ocean City ! ;)

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-16-2009, 09:43 PM
How about that OUTRAGEOUS team ? :drink:

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p97418498-4.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p214598394-4.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p246566408-4.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p13071127-4.jpg

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-16-2009, 09:55 PM
http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p577312949-4.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p820720776-4.jpg

Imax
09-16-2009, 11:10 PM
Tim,

Great day for Heli shots !!! Love the variety of closeups and flyers... The head on of Stricly Business looks even better than it did on the back of the LCD on your camera.

See you in Cambridge, I'm in the Heli this weekend :eek::eek::eek:

Bruce

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-16-2009, 11:19 PM
Tim,

Great day for Heli shots !!! Love the variety of closeups and flyers... The head on of Stricly Business looks even better than it did on the back of the LCD on your camera.

See you in Cambridge, I'm in the Heli this weekend :eek::eek::eek:

Bruce

THANKS !

Just remember to leave your hoods on the ground... You don't want one of those ending up in the blades and knocking you out of the sky...:ack2:

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-17-2009, 12:37 AM
http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p28005738-3.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p28262567-3.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p70330351-3.jpg

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-17-2009, 12:39 AM
http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p142155310-4.jpg