PDA

View Full Version : VERIZON Scam- PLEASE Don't delete This!!!

Semper Fi
11-07-2008, 12:58 PM
PLEASE DON'T DELETE OR MOVE THIS THREAD-IT MAY CONCERN YOU!

Hi everyone,
Sorry this is a little long, but very important! I have Verizon for my home phone. Last year and part of this year I was charged $12.95 every single month from an outside "vendor" on my Verizon phone bill. I called Verizon and they referred me to call the number on my bill, so I called the company and they said they were going to get the charges removed...well, they did only partially.The company claims that I filled out a form online and that's how I have their service- which is total B.S. My neighbor alerted me to this scam and we come to find out that 10 (yes 10) of my neighbors were also getting charged and never signed up! Now the company has changed names and the $12.95 is back on my bill! The bill says ESBI charges and the company name is Rocket Communication. Now I have to call this company again and get the charges removed. Verizon said they can put a block on all other charges on my bill, which they should have done in the first place.

This is a total scam and I would venture to say that Verizon is (1) getting a piece of the $12.95 per month or (2) they actually own this company doing the erroneous billing.

Regards,
Gerard

SHARKEY-IMAGES
11-07-2008, 10:03 PM
I had it happened on my wife's line. It was called a Premium Text Messaging service. Only thing I can think of is my wife made a text to my email account just to see if it worked. After that I found the charges. Verizon removed all charges from this company and then they gave me a 3 or 4 digit number to text to which apparently went to the company that was billing us. We had to send a text message simply stating unsubscribe and cancel etc ect.

I am watching my bills every month closely as I usually do...

DonMan
11-08-2008, 12:45 AM
It was called a Premium Text Messaging service. Verizon removed all charges from this company and then they gave me a 3 or 4 digit number to text to which apparently went to the company that was billing us. We had to send a text message simply stating unsubscribe and cancel etc ect.

I am watching my bills every month closely as I usually do...

EXACT same thing happened to me with my Verizon bill. :cuss:

MarylandMark
11-08-2008, 11:34 AM
I needed a raise...