PDA

View Full Version : 24 Sport New Home

Out There
09-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Back down to one boat.... Strange to see my boat behind another truck!
Jetboat picked her up on Saturday after a test ride. Ran perfect as always and really liked the 24 Hydromotive I had just installed. Bravo1 26 RH, Rev4 25
RH and a Mirage Plus 25 all available as is the trailer. Had a great time Saturday with Tom and he's a really great guy. Trying to post a few phots but they are not downloading for some reason.
Greg

blackhawk
09-08-2009, 05:37 PM
How much for the Rev4 25?

LittleDcsRodShop
09-08-2009, 10:59 PM
No offense Greg we all love your 24 but I for one would like to see pics. of the replacement..???? Sooooo give em up !! :)

Out There
09-08-2009, 11:13 PM
The Rev 4 is already gone. Sorry Blackhawk. Scott, I am looking for your email so I can shoot you some photos. I guess posting photos does not work if you are only a registered user now.
Oh, bought a 2000 Scarab 26 Larry Smith boat. HP500 power. #6 of 6 built.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/scarab/215531-mystery-scarab.html
Working on sorting out some small issues now but should be a really fun boat.
Greg

Out There
09-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Photos too large to email also. I'll figure out how to resize them tomorrow. Vista operating system is different.

Buoy
09-09-2009, 02:08 AM
You should have no problem posting photos here as registered.
If your photos are too large to be emailed, I'm certain they are just too large to post here.
When you get them resized, post em up!!!:)

Out There
09-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Resized and got the same message. Security token is missing?
Used to post photos with no problem before the Saturday update....

Buoy
09-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Resized and got the same message. Security token is missing?
Used to post photos with no problem before the Saturday update....

Send a message to Cigdaze.
He'll help you get it straightened out.

blackhawk
09-09-2009, 01:04 PM
The Rev 4 is already gone. Sorry Blackhawk.

Crap, I had one at one time and when I decided to clean out my props(I think I had 6 at the time) I let that one go. Now I regret it!

Mikeb4
09-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Crap, I had one at one time and when I decided to clean out my props(I think I had 6 at the time) I let that one go. Now I regret it!

I'll put you on the next up dibs list if it doesn't work out! Sorry!! :leaving: I jumped on it right away since that's one I have not yet tested :driving:

Out There
09-09-2009, 07:13 PM
It worked! Must have been my superior computer skills....
:icon_bs: I'll raise the bs flag on myself

Out There
09-09-2009, 07:16 PM
a couple more

blackhawk
09-09-2009, 08:12 PM
I'll put you on the next up dibs list if it doesn't work out! Sorry!! :leaving: I jumped on it right away since that's one I have not yet tested :driving:

Thanks. Curious to see how it works on your boat since your boat didn't like the labbed 28.

572, nice Scarab!

tomcei
09-09-2009, 09:33 PM
yes, Greg the Scarab is sweet. Seating is comfy and I can't wait to go rip it up!
Lets go catch some air:26:

jetboat
09-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Hey Greg, the little woman didn't say a thing when I rolled-up with the 24 Sport. No rolling the eyes, no shaking the head, no drama at all. Wow, I think I've reached a new understanding in the relationship.

LittleDcsRodShop
09-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Greg , Thanks for the pics. My email box here at work has been messing up on me so I havn't got the chance to write you back.. The Scarab is a great looking boat !! Congrats on the new toy !! Oh yeah I may have overlooked it but what kind of power ????

Jetboat : Welcome aboard.. As I've told greg before IMHO thats one of the sweetest 24' anythings anywhere !! Classic & sweet !!! Congrats & I'm sure its old news b/c you already know Greg is a great guy to deal with !!

Dude! Sweet!
09-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Welcome JetBoat. You picked a winner!

Greg, what's the story on the Scarab? It's racy looking!

Out There
09-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Tom, that is big news. Send her to the spa and good things happen. That was a very smooth idea! Keep me posted when you get the boat out.

Dude, I have always liked these Scarab 26s. Six of these were built in California by the Larry Smith Racing facility for factory 1. This was the last one built. They had intercoms and lifting rings built in.
It's got an HP500. They were around an 80mph boat with this power when tested back in 2000.
I tried to get Tomcei out for a ride but he was frightened and went home :leaving:

Dude! Sweet!
09-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Larry builds some badass stuff! Congrats!

DAREDEVIL
09-10-2009, 09:24 PM
I tried to get Tomcei out for a ride but he was frightened and went home :leaving:[/QUOTE]

LOL:rofl:

Dude! Sweet!
09-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Tom's fine as long as you don't have him work on your starter out in the ocean... :sifone:

tomcei
09-11-2009, 08:59 AM
:03::willy_nilly: I love it!!!

DAREDEVIL
09-11-2009, 09:22 AM
:03::willy_nilly: I love it!!!

What,,,,that u did not go or the starter thing ???

WE NEED THE WHOLE STORY ON THIS TOM !!!!!!:bigear:

tomcei
09-11-2009, 10:43 PM
The deal is this. I'm waiting on "hot Dog" to fire that Scarab up so we can rock!

The deal on the "starter". a valuable lesson I learned young Jedi.

I went to visit Sean in Cali. during some company training. He graciously took me out to play in the rolling swells. Had a major blast airing it out. Caught some real good air. (Ran into a sea gull at one point at 65-70mph and blistered it)
Anyway we landed off of one of the jumps and the engine lost power. Sean popped the hatch and I dove into the bilge to inspect. I really was gun ho about it and started to check all the cables and basic power connections. I turned myself on my back ,head downward, trying to see behind the bell housing and WHAM it hit me!:puke: The rolls and my position and looking out of the bilge from that angle and seeing the horizon set me off!
I got that taste in my mouth that said" Dude your gonna get sick"

It was the same feeling you can get from heavy squats in the gym, :sifone:

Turns out that Sean spots the coil wire popped off the coil when the bracket moved during the landing. Simple fix and were back running ,but I was still fighting off the crappy feeling of wanting to puke.
I must have tried 6 or 7 time to make myself toss the cookies but never could. I thought if I could let it fly It would pass and I could reset myself but it never happened.
Sean Can tell the story better than me. Crazy I tell you, Crazy

Out There
09-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Tom, I'm both saddened and disgusted that you had to bring the truth into this discussion. I prefer to make things up as I go :biggrinjester:

DAREDEVIL
09-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Tom, I'm both saddened and disgusted that you had to bring the truth into this discussion. I prefer to make things up as I go :biggrinjester:

LOL

Tom,lets hope we don't lose power when u race with me ,,,hahaha.:rofl:

Tides23
09-28-2009, 10:20 AM
love the LS 26 scarab. I am looking for one to buy. I missed on in Cali by a couple lf day. IF anyone knows a boat out there for sale please let me know.

Dude! Sweet!
09-28-2009, 10:56 AM
The deal is this. I'm waiting on "hot Dog" to fire that Scarab up so we can rock!

The deal on the "starter". a valuable lesson I learned young Jedi.

I went to visit Sean in Cali. during some company training. He graciously took me out to play in the rolling swells. Had a major blast airing it out. Caught some real good air. (Ran into a sea gull at one point at 65-70mph and blistered it)
Anyway we landed off of one of the jumps and the engine lost power. Sean popped the hatch and I dove into the bilge to inspect. I really was gun ho about it and started to check all the cables and basic power connections. I turned myself on my back ,head downward, trying to see behind the bell housing and WHAM it hit me!:puke: The rolls and my position and looking out of the bilge from that angle and seeing the horizon set me off!
I got that taste in my mouth that said" Dude your gonna get sick"

It was the same feeling you can get from heavy squats in the gym, :sifone:

Turns out that Sean spots the coil wire popped off the coil when the bracket moved during the landing. Simple fix and were back running ,but I was still fighting off the crappy feeling of wanting to puke.
I must have tried 6 or 7 time to make myself toss the cookies but never could. I thought if I could let it fly It would pass and I could reset myself but it never happened.
Sean Can tell the story better than me. Crazy I tell you, Crazy

I dont know what you're talking about... That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-29-2009, 12:35 AM
love the LS 26 scarab. I am looking for one to buy. I missed on in Cali by a couple lf day. IF anyone knows a boat out there for sale please let me know.

Looks like there is one that was just recently put up in the oso classifieds..

I myself am looking for a nice 28 Saber prefrebly yellow & in need of finishing, let me know if you guys come across anything..

Buoy
09-29-2009, 01:02 AM
Looks like there is one that was just recently put up in the oso classifieds..

I myself am looking for a nice 28 Saber prefrebly yellow & in need of finishing, let me know if you guys come across anything..

I happen to know of a guy in TN that has one, and it's just your color.
But, the bilge is a mess, it looks like a finely cut gemstone. You'd need to go in there with a hammer and chisel just for some battle scars, and then just some raw glass to make it look like it's holding it all together (even though she's fine),
just got to give her some street (or WATER) cred. YO... in the house.

Just bustin on you Scott. That bilge is amazing, I can't wait to see the completed package!

Dude! Sweet!
09-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Yup, you're right Tim... I think he lives in Athens TN. I'm sure he'd let it go cheap, he spends most of his time gluing chinese fenders onto Tauruses... :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-29-2009, 01:07 PM
:biggrinjester::biggrinjester:

Actually I use the tiwaniese parts on the taurus & only go with the quality chinese stuff on the high end sables..

Good point Tim I think I will just clear over the dust & go for that look..

So since the thread has been long diverted from its original intention, I will make my attempt at getting it back on track for atleast 1 post ::

Greg has it hit the water yet ?? We need the full report !!! If we don't get it soon I'm coming down & picking up Tom while you are on the road & we're going to see how it runs for ourselves !! :sifone:

Out There
09-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Nothing to report yet. The cam and compression had been changed and it was lean so I sent off the carb to be gone through. Just waiting for a few parts now.....hopefully in water next week some time. When will you hit the water first time?
I'll probably have it done just in time to put it away for the winter!

LittleDcsRodShop
09-29-2009, 07:12 PM
"When will you hit the water first time?" Not before you !!

I have said it before & will go ahead & say it again: Hopefully next spring, however if it becomes sea worthy over the winter I will splash it for break-in if It doesnt get it on the dyno first..

Out of couriosity who is doing your carb work ?? is it in Dalonahga ??

Out There
09-29-2009, 09:05 PM
BLP in Orlando. Carb was painted before and came back fully set up for the motor with air bleed circuits and looks new out of the box. They were highly recommended and I had to have the carb set up right. Hope it runs as good as it looks!
I should have looked at your update post first.

LittleDcsRodShop
09-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Gotcha.. I was asking b/c I've been searching a bit on carb stuff lately..
I checked out their website & it looks like they do some pretty cool stuff !! Just thought you may have used BG since they are in your back yard..

I have a hunch that somebody may have a healthy hp500..:sifone:

duunoit
09-30-2009, 12:41 AM
Matt just sent me an email about a poker run in Chattanooga on Oct 24...

The only pictures on the Hales Bar Marina & Resort website (http://www.halesbarmarina.com/) show a Seadoo jetboat and a fishing boat but the guy posting about it in the other website has a 42 Fountain.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/217724-chattanooga-poker-run.html

You never know, the 28 may be back together by then (nobody should be getting their hopes up though)

LittleDcsRodShop
09-30-2009, 02:34 AM
I will have to check that out.. Any of you guys that actually have boats that run don't forget the little guy who doesn't.. haha..

I ran a 75 mile endurance race on an unlimited class jet-ski about 12 years ago that was from Halesbay (just south of the bridge) to Ross's landing in downtown Chatt & then back.. There were a few areas that day on Nickajack that kicked up !!

duunoit
09-30-2009, 07:26 AM
Man, what were you doing up at 2:34?

75 miles is a pretty good little ride on a JetSki... I would much rather pay to fuel that thing (esp 12 years ago) than one of our boats (if they ran).

LittleDcsRodShop
09-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Man, what were you doing up at 2:34?

75 miles is a pretty good little ride on a JetSki... I would much rather pay to fuel that thing (esp 12 years ago) than one of our boats (if they ran).

Multi tasking..:willy_nilly: I was playing not only carb induction mock up man, but computor repair man as well & ofcourse checking on my homies inbetween.. My wife does online schooling so we can't have computor problems..

Yeah the 75 miles was pretty ruff that day.. I think we averaged right at 60mph for the entire race, which may not sound like much but it was motivating considering the water & the times.. Yeah 16 gallons or so of fuel is a little better economy indead, I used to think that those things really sucked some fuel, but I was clueless that say 4-5 mpg at wot was actually good !! lol..