PDA

View Full Version : USA-Today Article about Clearwater Race!

Coach
09-04-2009, 02:08 PM
FYI...

http://content.usatoday.com/topics/article/Places,+Geography/States,+Territories,+Provinces,+Islands/U.S.+States/Florida/0gX5cQdgok0uH/1

Great article, very informative and super PR for powerboat racing!

Coach

:USA:

ThrottleUp Props
09-04-2009, 02:23 PM
http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?storyid=116040

Julie

rchevelle71
09-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Thats GREAT,

How about some press in the local paper now??

XtremeRacing
09-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Looks like they r workign hard on the promo. They seemed very excited when we were there a few months ago for the press conferance.

Coach
09-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Thanks Frank,

It's so rewarding to see my brain child taking its first steps! The gratitude in my heart for Frank Chivas and Brian Aungst, Sr., taking the ball and running with it, and to see it all coming together...

From the initial conversations with Ebe Bower the former VP of Tourism at the Clearwater Regional Chamber of Commerce and Sheila Cole the Executive Director of the Clearwater Beach Chamber, in Sept. last year. To the willingness on Kevin Dunbar's part, the Parks Director for the City of Clearwater, to let me run with the 'maybe' I got from him, instead of the previous ‘NO’s!

Once we had beaten out the competition from several other cities, by sticking my neck out, to sign the letter of intent, for the national championships! Not knowing how or if we could get it all done and paid for! It's a huge undertaking of faith, for everyone involved.

The added benefit of Danny Gadarian's ambitions, to produce a television show focused on the Super Boat International race series. This was going on unknown to all of us in Clearwater! Now CBS Sports is filming and will broadcast the event Saturday, November 28th, at 2 PM Eastern!

It has a life of its own now...

Thank you everyone for making this come true,

Ray Pusillo
the 'Instigator'

Coach

phragle
09-06-2009, 12:34 PM
"
The Charity is the:

Clearwater Community Sailing Center" so the proceeds will go to blowboaters????

fund razor
09-06-2009, 12:40 PM
"
The Charity is the:

Maybe the Manatee people turned it down. ;)

MikeyFIN
09-06-2009, 05:33 PM
"
The Charity is the:

Might there be a need for a skilled(:sifone:?) sailing instructor/coach there ?
I´m ready.

MikeyFIN
09-06-2009, 05:34 PM

Manatee people...sounds like some from a horror movie :ack2::rofl::biggrinjester:

Coach
09-08-2009, 10:53 PM

This is a strategic inclusion that gets a lot of issues resolved that previously kept Clearwater Beach off-limits to the likes of all us powerboat racing addicts!

Check out the committee page at the website:

www.clearwatersuperboat.com